Manager at Deloitte India
Views:1733 Applications:438 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:95
Deloitte - Manager - Project Management - ERP Implementations (8-12 yrs)
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you- ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential
Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The Team :
Enterprise Technology and Performance is a Service Area comprising of Consulting professionals providing various service offerings on Finance, Supply Chain, SAP, Oracle and Project/Program Management
Work you'll do :
The primary role of a Manager is to make immediate, direct contributions to enhancing our clients- competitive position and performance in ways that are distinctive, innovative, and sustainable.
To do this, a Project Manager must perform the following activities:
- Execute project management activities in the all phases of project (initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure).
- Prepare project plan and schedule for large projects covering multiple functional areas or business units.
- Manage project scope, resources (human, financial etc.) and schedule to ensure that the project team members are meeting the deadlines and following the guidelines.
- Should have strong critical-thinking capabilities to solve problems and think about wide-ranging issues and facilitate decisions.
- Should be able to direct, manage and motivate the project team in a multi-vendor and multi-country environment.
- Handle the escalations and conflict within the project team.
- Have good working experience in stakeholder management, change management, communication plan, risk and mitigation plan, implementation and cutover plan.
- Prepare Project status updates based on the stakeholders, handle Steering Meetings, Phase exits and Project meetings
- Create and grow market space in India through Cross sell and upsell of service offerings based on assigned target
- Lead market eminence activities like Thought leadership and Go To Market brochure creation
Skills Required :
- Overall 8 - 12 years experience of which 4 - 6 years have been specifically on IT Project Management
- Bachelor- s/Master's Degree in Engineering along with MBA/equivalent (preferably in Finance) from reputed institutions
- Must possess experience in ERP implementations and Project Management of large multi-year projects covering multiple functional areas or business units
- PMP / Prince2 / CSM / Agile certification
- Outstanding Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of project management techniques like Waterfall & Agile
- A strong and demonstrated interest in consulting and/or advisory client service
- Excellent academic credentials for both undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Experience in project management tools preferred (HP PPM, Clarity, Jira etc)
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
- This role may require travel
Your role as a leader :
At Deloitte India, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
How you'll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development