Senior Manager at Deloitte
Views:1520 Applications:380 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Deloitte - Assistant Manager - Private Equity Origination (3-6 yrs)
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Corporate Finance Advisory and Research (CFA) practice is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line Corporate Finance engagements.
Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in the CFA, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.
FA-ICC CFA team provides advisory & research support services to Deloitte members firms across diverse nature of the business development and engagements. We work as an extension of our Deloitte member firms' CFA practices and provide dedicated offshore client support throughout the M&A lifecycle. Working on international assignments involving cross-border and cross-service line teams allows you to build your networks across the vast Global Deloitte network and develop understanding of the global CFA standards.
Our core service offerings include company analysis, industry research, identifying potential buyer/targets, company profiles, relative valuation, client talking points, pitch material and proposal, marketing material (IM's, teasers, etc.), newsletter/dashboards, etc.
Work you'll do?
- A career within FA-ICC Deal Origination practice will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to support on all aspects of deal origination for buy-side private equity, including:
- Support the UK Deloitte member firm's deal origination practice.
- Identifying the deal pipeline, using secondary data sources and analyzing the company's performance.
- Prepare detailed pitch documents to assist in buy-side pitch efforts; covering company, financial and market analysis, investment thesis and key risks associated with the company.
- Work closely with the project lead on various ad-hoc deal origination initiatives industry/thematic research, relative valuation, teasers, market snapshots, amongst others.
- Serve as a critical project member for the execution and review of all deal origination collaterals; take ownership of projects by delivering quality output on a timely basis; ensure all end deliverables are thoroughly self-reviewed and are of highest quality.
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Demonstrate strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong academic qualification (CA, CFA, CPA, Masters in Finance/Management/Economics); MBA from an accredited college/university preferred
- Prior transaction related experience in a corporate finance environment (analyst or internship) from a captive wall street, boutique or middle-market investment bank with a track record of academic and professional success
- In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of CFA services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Experienced in writing transaction support documents including Information Memorandums, Pitchbook, Management presentations, teasers, etc.
- Ability to understand the dynamics of various sectors, including value chain, strategy and key performance indicators.
- Conversant with all types of secondary research through databases, company filings & reports, industry reports, as well as general research
- Good understanding of financial statements, valuations, multiples, ratios, etc.
- M&A / Transaction deal cycle experience/exposure with working knowledge on valuation methodologies (relative valuation, DCF).
- Experience of using databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Factset, Factiva, Thomson, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize insights from data.
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in Microsoft office tools Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.