Deloitte - Assistant/Deputy Manager - Valuations - CA/CFA (3-9 yrs)
Valuations team provides advisory & support services to Deloitte members firms- Valuation practices in performing a diverse nature of the valuation engagements. The team has significant experience in performing valuations of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries and stages of development.
We work as an extension of our Deloitte member firms- valuation practices and provide dedicated support throughout the project lifecycle. Working on international assignments involving cross-border and cross-service line teams allows you to build your networks across the vast Global Deloitte network and develop understanding of the global valuation standards.
We perform valuations for various financial reporting, tax compliance, transaction support and other commercial purposes. Our core service offerings include business valuation, intangible/IP valuation, purchase price allocations, fairness opinions and audit-review support.
We also have an active international secondment program for our analysts after they gain relevant experience as we believe this plays a crucial role in their overall career and personal development. This includes secondment into valuation practices across our global network of Deloitte member firms.A career within Valuations practice will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to support on all aspects of a valuation engagement which include the following activities:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the industry, company's business operation and its key operating drivers.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial statements, annual reports, management presentations, business plans, and other publicly available information.
- Performing and assisting experienced team members in executing a wide variety of the valuation exercise (including valuation of the company's business, valuation of IP/intangible assets acquired in M&A transactions, goodwill impairment testing, and valuation for deal support/fund raising, financial planning and litigation purposes).
- Preparing quality deliverables (including valuation models and reports) within agreed timeliness.
As an Assistant/Deputy Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will:
- Support Deloitte member firms- (Canadian, UK, Australian, Middle East and Europeans) business valuation practice
- Develop valuation models of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries and perform valuation analysis, as necessary
- Analyze and interpret financial and accounting data (including financial statement analysis and review of financial projections, and its underlying assumptions, as necessary)
- Perform industry and economic research and draft industry overview sections
- Prepare various sections of valuation reports, as necessary
- Liaise with engagement team members in Canada, Australia, UK, Middle East and Europe as required
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Demonstrate strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
CA / CFA (International)
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Valuation services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly interpret and review financial statements and apply basic financial, accounting and valuation skills
- Working knowledge of data sources such as Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Thomson etc. would be an asset
- Basic to advance knowledge of Excel
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive and an inquisitive mind, with a passion to provide world class client service
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.