AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:459 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Dean - Liberal Arts - Engineering University (10-18 yrs)
Dean - Liberal Arts
Role: Dean - Liberal Arts
Reporting to- Vice Chancellor
Experience- 10+ years
Location- Amravati, Andhra Pradesh
Dean of Liberal Arts will lead and administer all aspects of the Division including the design, delivery, staffing, administrative support, supervision and evaluation of division programs, and support staff, as well as student enrolment, progress, and discipline, and all related records and reports.
She or he will be expected to:
- Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, research and University service, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation in these activities. .
- Lead the academic planning process of the Faculty by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision.
- Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the Faculty and ensure that teaching methods are state-of-the-art.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of research activity to capitalize upon the expertise, interests and resources of the Faculty and to ensure alignment with the University's research strategy;
- Play a proactive role in increasing funding support to the Faculty through government, industry and other funding sources and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance the research profile of the Faculty, and expand and improve its infrastructure;
- Promote the research activities of S&H faculty members and ensure that their contributions are known and celebrated within the University and the broader community;
- Develop, manage and ensure effective administration and accountability of the Faculty's budget and resources and support, regularly assess and ensure effective Faculty governance.
- PhD, Doctoral Qualification or Professorship.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant branch of Liberal Arts
- Membership of appropriate academic and professional networks.
Other Required Attributes:
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively.
- Ability to lead and manage projects to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and generate effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Effective financial management skills.
- A track record of strategic thinking and policy development. General
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with your grade and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you.
- To take responsibility for upholding and complying with the University's Diversity and Equality Policies and for behaving in a manner that is consistent with fair and equal treatment for all.
- To comply with all of the University's Health and Safety Policies
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.