AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:658 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Dean - Engineering & Applied Sciences - University (10-18 yrs)
Dean - Engg & Applied Sciences
Role : Dean - Engg & Applied Sciences
Reporting to : Vice Chancellor
Experience : 10+ years
Location : Amravati, Andhra Pradesh
- Our client is looking for Director - Engg & Applied Sciences who will be reporting to Vice Chancellor. The person will be working for a well-known & Top Ranking Engineering University founded in 1985 with over 38,000 students and more than 2600 faculty across all the campuses.
- The University is looking to appoint on board a Dean for SEAS (School of Engineering & Applied Sciences) to bolster university's endeavor of transforming the campus as the truly research orientated by deploying novel pedagogical interventions, optimizing learning outcomes, improving teaching quality & spur research initiative in line with global standards.
She or he will be expected to :
- Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, research and University service, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation in these activities. .
- Lead the academic planning process of the Faculty by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision.
- Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the Faculty and ensure that teaching methods are state-of-the-art.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of research activity to capitalize upon the expertise, interests and resources of the Faculty and to ensure alignment with the University's research strategy;
- Play a proactive role in increasing funding support to the Faculty through government, industry and other funding sources and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance the research profile of the Faculty, and expand and improve its infrastructure;
- Promote the research activities of S&H faculty members and ensure that their contributions are known and celebrated within the University and the broader community;
- Develop, manage and ensure effective administration and accountability of the Faculty's budget and resources and support, regularly assess and ensure effective Faculty governance.
- Ensure cooperative integration among the research centres, support units, and academic units within and related to the Faculty of SEAS.
Requisite Credentials :
Essential qualifications :
- PhD, Doctoral Qualification or Professorship.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant branch of Engineering
- Membership of appropriate academic and professional networks.
Other Required Attributes :
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively.
- Ability to lead and manage projects to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and generate effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Effective financial management skills.
- A track record of strategic thinking and policy development. General
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with your grade and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you.
- To take responsibility for upholding and complying with the University's Diversity and Equality Policies and for behaving in a manner that is consistent with fair and equal treatment for all.
- To comply with all of the University's Health and Safety Policies