DealShare - Director - Finance - CA (10-12 yrs)
Dealshare is the fastest growing social commerce startup with presence in 20+ cities across Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Our idea is to build an e-commerce platform for the masses, where the focus is to provide not just low prices and right assortment but also a fun-filled addictive shopping experience with vernacular browsing. Based on word of mouth virality, generated as a result of price value, ease of sharing and engaging shopping experience DealShare is delivering 10K+ orders everyday across India.
Our platform is servings as a launchpad to boost regional/local brands and manufacturers by increasing their geographical footprint making them competitive in markets dominated by larger players.
Dealshare is founded by ex-Microsoft/Myntra/Metro Cash & Carry - IIT/IIM alums passionate about building an inclusive e-commerce platform relevant across all social stratum. In this endeavor, we are backed by some marquee investors like Matrix Partners, Falcon, and Omidyar. We plan to reach 100 cities by 2021 and for this goal, we are looking for equally passionate folks to join us.
Position - Director - Finance
Location - Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely completion and publishing of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Drive key finance initiatives to improve performance and facilitate business growth
- Identify opportunities to improve cost structure
- Mentor team and groom for higher responsibilities
- Stakeholder Management - internal, investors and vendors
- Own the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage Cash-flow (Collections, Investments and Expenses)
- Coordinate and own preparation of regulatory reporting with local, state, and central government tax filings
- Coordinate with auditors / diligence teams to successfully close audits
Desired Qualification, Skills and Abilities :
- CA with 10+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in scaling up high growth start-up preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leadership role for minimum 2 years (Finance Controller, Director- Finance, GM - Finance or similar role)
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and accounting software such as Tally is a must
- Should have excellent, communication and leadership skills
- Highly data driven and analytical approach in problem solving
- Drive for excellence
- A hands-on approach to work as business partner