DBS Bank - Relationship Manager - Institutional Banking Group (10-15 yrs)
DBS Bank - MNC Relationship Manager - IBG 1
Job Title : Relationship Manager - IBG 1
Department : IBG 1
Job Purpose :
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of Multinational Corporate customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business.
- This is to be achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- To drive and deliver exceptional business performance where primary objective is to maximize the risk-adjusted portfolio contribution from both new & existing customers while increasing wallet share.
Key Accountabilities :
- To manage a portfolio of Multinational Corporate customers. Manage relationships through constant interaction & account mapping at varied levels in client organizations, while ensuring a risk-adjusted portfolio contribution
- Determine the products (including GTS, T&M, Capital Markets and Funding products) that are most effective in meeting customer's needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively. Customize, adapt & develop new products to increase profitability, reduce costs & ease operational bottlenecks.
- Implement & execute IBG1 - MNC business strategy to increase market share & to achieve targets consistent with IBG1's revenue, ROE & Cost / Income ratio targets. Cross sell other products of the bank including cash, treasury, trade & others..
- Ensure the highest customer retention & increase in wallet share by constantly monitoring customer satisfaction levels through detailed MIS & tracking of operations & complaints. Ensure all regulatory reporting & compliances are enforced. Work with the legal team to ensure recoveries & minimize bad debts & NPA's. Also ensure assistance to external & internal audits
- Develop the DBS brand in the region. Research different identified & appropriate market segments including analysis of key requirements for each segment. Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Create an empowering environment for the team, encouraging individual ownership and initiative. Ensure coaching and feedback in order to achieve their maximum potential. Make reward decisions within set guidelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities :
- Advises and debates how business finances could be structured in the short-term and medium/long term.
- Grow the portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Formulate business development strategies and objectives to meet changing market needs.
- Develop prioritized target list & structured client calling plans in place and formulate client action plans.
- Monitor conformance of team using new relationship development procedures.
- Monitor results of customer surveys against target service quality standards.
- Monitor levels of complaints and quality of handling.
- Proactively researches competitive threats/opportunities within the team's market and geographical area.
- Ensure that quality proposals are submitted to the credit chain
- Communicates all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes.
- Keep customers advised on the expected - delivery date- for product/credit applications.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to risk service standards
- Develops and maintains a detailed knowledge of industry sectors within the customer portfolio.
- Control and manage the risk profile for the overall Team portfolio.
- Manages performance of the team against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Manage segmentation of the portfolio.
- Develop Customer Relationship Plans for customers in portfolio.
Required Experience :
- Overall 5-6 years of experience in covering MNC customers in North India
- Proven track record in the corporate & commercial banking
- Sound Understanding of credit proposals
- Knowledge of competitors and market place
Education Qualification : An MBA or CA with relevant number of years of experience in banking and specifically in retail banking is preferable.
Core Competencies :
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Sound financial counseling skills
- Strong credit risk analysis skills
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilize and manage product specialists
- Proven leadership experience in leading & managing sales.
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions
Technical Competencies :
- Sound understanding corporate & commercial banking, products, credit proposals & approval processes, internal guidelines & policies.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines on banking policies issued by RBI (local regulations in India) and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general. Understanding of KYC requirements & Anti-money Laundering Policies are critical.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products to assist in meaningful dialogue with clients
- Financial Analysis and research capabilities. Evaluation of credit risks involved in credit proposals.
Work Relationship :
- Working relationship with RM's / Sales in CBG / CMS/ GTS to maximize opportunities and cross sell of products.
- Important and constant relationship with credit both in developing new products for IBG1 customers and maintaining the quality of the accounts portfolio.
- Close working relationship with internal support/ product functions such as Operations, Product Owners (eg T&M, Custody, GTS); Credit Risk & CCU for approval of credit lines, legal & compliance for regulatory & compliance issues etc.
- Working relationship with operations to ensure smooth delivery to the customer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.