Partner at Symphoni HR
Views:3989 Applications:333 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Data Scientist - Bank (3-10 yrs)
Data Scientist opportunity with an Indian Bank
Position: Data Scientist
Experience: Minimum 3 years (relevant work exp. of Data Scientist.)
Location: Lower Parel and Turbhe
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and to suggest changes in the existing processes to get maximum revenue/customer satisfaction. The person will be responsible to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, he should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake to preprocess of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Java or Scala is an asset
- Hands-on experience in working with Dplyr, Lubridate, RMarkdown libraries
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Shiny, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.