Data Governance Role - Insurance (4-12 yrs)
- Develops and deploys data governance framework/standards consisting of data policies and processes in the areas of data ingestion, data movement, data quality, master & reference data and data life cycle management
- Assists in developing and implementing enterprise tools to support Data Governance & Data Management, including Data Catalog, Metadata Management, Data Quality, Master & Reference Data Management
- Mentors and reviews work of less experienced staff.
- Coordinates with various stakeholders across various organizations to apply established data governance framework (developing data stewardship, data custodian roles, data dictionary, metadata management, and access controls).
- Ensures remediation plans are implemented where data fails to meet established data governance framework/standards.
- Support business owners and data stewards in addressing high priority enterprise data problems, recommend solutions and use of industry standards when appropriate.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze data and perform in depth data analysis
- Work across multiple business and technology teams, with the ability to perform data discovery, build data glossaries and catalogs, perform data analysis and data profiling.
- Business analysis including business process mapping and requirement definition
- Manage time independently, work independently and manage multiple open work streams at the same time
- Understand industry standard and/or client specific system development life cycle (SDLC) phases, including the ability to provide guidance on how to document business requirements and impacts on process flows.
- Coordinate and communicate in a clear and timely manner on changes, issues and business impacts, among team members.
- Responsible for people management and performs other duties as assigned.