Founder at Daily News 60
Views:3895 Applications:187 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:160
Daily News 60 - Co-Founder - Fund Raising/Marketing (3-25 yrs)
About the company:
- We are a media startup with a full fledged English language news website with complete and unbiased daily news coverage with a focus on India. For breaking news articles, we have syndication from some of India's largest news agencies. Our website is also Google AdSense approved. Our head office is based at Bengaluru.
- As per our traffic projections, we are set to be one of India's top 50 websites during the next 1 year. For future growth, we also plan to launch news websites in Kannada, Malyalam, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, and Hindi during the next 1 year.
- Our startup has been selected for the prestigious 6-week Accelerator Program by 2020 Startups, NYC (www.2020startups.nyc) and we have also won a Microsoft Scholarship for this program. This program involves:
a) 6 weeks of training at New York for selected startups so that they can present themselves better to VCs and other potential investors. Certificates will be awarded to each participant upon successful completion of the course.
b) Opportunities for networking with VCs and other potential investors where a startup can pitch itself and seek to raise funds.
As Co-founder, you may get the opportunity to participate in this program on behalf of Daily News 60.
Who are we looking for:
- We are looking for a Co-founder to join our fast-paced team. The Co-founder would participate in various fund-raising activities and help our startup raise funds to take it to the next level. One of your first assignments may involve participation in the 6-week accelerator Program at New York, as mentioned above.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a minimum of 5-7 years of prior experience of working in a fast paced environment. Prior experience of marketing in a media organisation would be a big advantage.
Job Location: Bangalore (flexible, includes the possibility of traveling abroad)
As Co-Founder, you would be entitled to a large chunk of stock + Incentives initially. Initially, as a commitment, the Co-founder would be expected to invest some small amount of funds in the startup in return for equity.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.