Recruiter - Corporate HR at Crisil
Views:662 Applications:214 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
CRISIL - Senior Business Analyst - Risk Transformation (8-12 yrs)
About the role
The job is a major point of contact with the business and IT. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions.
The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing all analyst activity.
- Content heavy role - Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
- Stakeholder complexity - Business Analysts will often need gather requirements and agree designs across business stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no Global Transformation supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary - Business Analysts need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc).
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing global economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced. Group Programmes and regional/local programmes/projects must be managed in accordance with the Group Controls Framework and with relevant FIMs. Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements - albeit that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge the
interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing the analysis activity within Basel 3 program with a medium to high level of scope/complexity. The Business Analyst may be required to manage a pool of Business Analysts and be the main point of contact for Business Analysis
- Credit knowledge or has worked on the implementation of equivalent regulations
- Knowledge of credit lifecycle
- Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Business re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant, preferably in a data control/compliance area
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Decision Making
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Business Analysis & Design
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Process Re-engineering
- Planning and Plan Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Resource and Team Management
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Optional
- Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field - Optional
- Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science - Optional