Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:637 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
Credit Underwriting Role - Wholesale Real Estate Segment - Bank/NBFC (2-8 yrs)
The incumbent will be part of the risk team and responsible for Credit Structuring and Credit Risk such that it aligns with the broader risk appetite and objectives of the group
CA/MBA from top B-school (full-time) preferred
- 4 - 6 years of experience across Banks / NBFCs / AIFs in handling Credit Underwriting of real estate sector.
- Understanding of Industry, financial & credit principles
- Strong understanding of financial modeling and analytical skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and think strategically to independently handle the credit analysis for the assigned deals / portfolio and highlight the risks in same
- Maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve team goals
- Ability to understand/ simplify and present the complex problems
- Good networking skills across Banks/NBFCs operating in the space
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Independently evaluate lending opportunities to real estate sector, assigning rating using in-house proprietary model and making a detailed risk note highlighting key risk of the transaction.
- Undertake project site visit as part of pre-sanction due diligence exercise
- Assist in developing and enhancing proprietary in-house models for credit appraisal
- Present independent view on deals to senior management and deal sanctioning committee
- On-going monitoring of the portfolio to track Early Warning Signals (EWS) for any possible stress in accounts and updating risk rating, wherever applicable.
- Conduct portfolio analysis and derive at maximum loss potential estimate for the entire portfolio.
- Be updated and informed of relevant regulatory guidelines and taking active participation in framing various internal policies basis the same.