HR at Credit Suisse
Views:4237 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Credit Suisse - Vice President - Portfolio Market Risk (9-14 yrs)
The role is for an experienced Market Risk Manager to head the Mumbai part of the Portfolio Market Risk Management team, within CS Market and Liquidity Risk Management department (MLRM). The individual will play a key role in the development of Market Risk Analysis and Executive & Regulatory Management Information (MI) for CS Group and several Legal Entities (LE), which are used by Senior Management and other senior stakeholders including Risk Committees and Regulators. In order to achieve this, the individual will bring strong product knowledge and market risk management experience to the team. The individual will also be responsible for the local management of a sizeable team across various functional areas, with different stakeholder and managerial lines.
The individual will have at least 8 years previous experience in a Market Risk function in a top tier investment bank / hedge fund / asset manager, including at least 5 years previous experience as a team manager. In particular, the individual will have developed a deep understanding of Fixed Income products (Rates / FX / Traded Credit / Securitized Products; knowledge of Equities Cash and Derivatives would be a bonus); of risk metrics such as Sensitivities (first and second order, including cross-sensitivities), VaR (including regulatory measures of VaR), and ideally of Incremental Risk Charge (IRC), Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Economic Risk Capital (ERC). Finally, the individual will also have extensive experience managing teams with complex line/stakeholder/functional reporting structures, and solid technical writing and communication skills.
- Enhance the team's Market Risk Analysis and Executive & Regulatory MI capabilities through strong product knowledge and market risk management experience (particularly on the Fixed Income space).
- Develop and manage relationships with key relevant stakeholders within MLRM and work closely with these to keep up to date on the most relevant asset class-specific market risk topics and concerns, and business developments.
- Manage and develop a sizeable team across various functional areas, with different stakeholder and managerial lines.
- Develop the team by ensuring that his/her product knowledge and market risk management experience are embedded in the team members' daily activities.
- Encourage and manage a sound governance around the MI delivered by the team.
- Undertake ad-hoc market risk projects as required.
- BSc Degree or equivalent, preferably higher, in a numerate subject. Post graduate qualifications within a relevant field (e.g. FRM, PRM, CFA) would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail as well as a solid controls mindset.
- Solid technical writing and communication skills and ability to articulate complex market risk concepts to non risk-expert audiences.
- Proven experience within a Market Risk department of a top tier investment bank / hedge fund / asset manager.
- Strong product knowledge and market risk management experience, preferably within the Fixed Income space. In particular of complex financial derivatives covering business motivations, valuation, risk and hedging.
- Proven experience managing and developing teams with complex line/stakeholder/functional reporting structures.
- Proficiency in English: solid ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Genuinely interested in finance and in following financial markets.
- Self-motivated and willing to proactively take ownership of their assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently when necessary and eagerness to exceed expectations.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to become an integral part of a dynamic and international team across locations.
- Trusted team leader and mentor.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.