Credit Suisse - Stress Testing Capital & Risk Framework Role (5-8 yrs)
Your field of responsibility:
Your responsibilities include:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative team within the Group Enterprise Risk, stress testing department, which provides exposure to all business divisions and various risks
- A substantial role in stress testing that includes developing a comprehensive understanding of risk associated with various businesses, products and how these are impacted by macroeconomic developments
- Close co-operation with other functional areas, maintaining a bird's-eye view on the risk profile of the group and where needed designing and building further quantitative monitoring tools
- Preparation of scenario analysis presentations for senior management, the Board and Regulators
- Monitoring of Scenario-based Risk Appetite metrics as part of the firm's Risk Appetite Statement, including stressed capital (capital resources, capital requirements and capital ratios), earnings, and leverage ratio, and including the design of appropriate stress testing methodology. Liaise with front office, Capital Management Group and other stakeholders to identify and evaluate mitigating actions where required.
- Running stress scenario (Execution and Aggregation) and analyze them centrally across the group and support the stress testing activities of different legal entities
- Ad-hoc internal stress scenario analysis that may be required by senior committees and management
- Project managing cross-functional (e.g. Finance, Treasury, Risk etc.) inputs required from subject matter experts across the firm to meet above deliverables
- This role offers high exposure to senior management. Moreover the role is within one of the fastest growing and critical areas of the bank - stress testing
Your future colleagues
The Risk division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of decisions making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from enterprise risk management to risk and finance reporting and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- 5+ years of working in an international financial institution similar to Credit Suisse
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a quantitative subject area would be an added advantage. Post graduate qualifications within a relevant field (MS- Finance, MBA, etc) and additional certifications such as CA, CFA, FRM, PRIMA preferred
- Proven ability to provide high-quality and easy to understand decision materials for senior management
- Understanding of capital concepts (e.g. available capital, capital deductions, risk-weighted assets) and balance sheet concepts (e.g. leverage ratio)
- Experience or/and understanding of stress testing and scenario analysis across key risk types (market risk, credit risk, business risk and operational risk) required
- Past experience in Automation, system implementation projects etc. Knowledge of Hyperion, VBA, Macros, is an added advantage
- Experience in end-to-end stress testing execution process
- Proven ability being highly organized and able to manage a multitude of stakeholders towards meeting tight deadlines while maintaining good quality in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills with a high level of flexibility, a positive personality and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple items under the time pressure
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer:
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.