Credit Suisse - Risk Appetite/Scenario Analysis & Stress Testing Role - ERC Methodology Team (1-6 yrs)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a new streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across business, division and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
- The ERC Methodology team is part of global Portfolio Risk Department in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) area. This role provides an opportunity to play a central role in the development of a best in class Economic Capital model.
- The team is responsible for developing the methodology for many of the components of the bank's Economic Capital model. You're responsibilities would include:
- Understanding the Economic Capital measure and its various components;
- Develop and refine concepts to ensure ERC framework is fit for multiple purpose (Capital, performance and risk management)
- Dedicatedly seek solutions to improve material parts of the model; review and improve component; identify the relevant sources of risk and assess their collection;
- Researching alternative methodologies, and comparing them; explaining and test the chosen option;
- Ensuring that the models adhere to internal and external policies/guidelines and pass model validation;
- Documentation of the models following internal and external standards (e.g. validation, SR 11-7), also ensure models are BCBS 239 compliant;
- Collaborating with quant developers and IT analyst to implement changes to the model;
- Establishing processes to monitor the models to ensure they remain fit for purpose;
- Presentations to senior management ensuring that model risk, technicalities, change impacts etc. are well understood;
- Support embedding ERC into critical management processes of the firm, including financial planning, planning strategic, risk appetite setting, assessment of new businesses/material trades, and ultimately performance management.
- You have 2+ years of experience in methodology development projects or a quantitative risk measurement role in a financial institution. Experience in Treasury risk, Pension risk, ALM modelling is desirable;
- You have a degree in Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Econometrics or Statistics is preferred.
- You have professional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, PRM, CA, CQF would be an advantage;
- VBA, R, Python or SQL knowledge is an advantage;
- You have deep knowledge of risk issues and investment products;
- You have experience in methodology documentation is highly valued;
- You have the ability to work well in a handle team, handle work and build relationships;
- Positive personality, good communication, presentation skills;
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate work, under-pressure and to tight deadlines;
- You have the willingness to take responsibility, challenge the status quo and ability to provide alternative solutions.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.