Credit Suisse - Business Analyst - US GAAP Impairment (6-11 yrs)
At Finance Change, we work across the entire CFO division to ensure that we execute the strategic design and implementation of any major changes to our processes and systems. In partnership with our key partners, we work to build state of the art business solutions using our deep functional expertise. We seek to deliver strategic initiatives using leading project management and business analysis as we pursue our goal of protecting and improving shareholder value through optimizing the use of our financial resources.
The Impairment Program implements the new impairment mentorship for credit losses mandated by FASB and IASB for accrual accounted financial instruments and offbalance sheet dedications resulting in potentially increased valuation allowances compared to current US GAAP and IFRS.
Current model: Incurred loss model, i.e. credit losses be probable
Future model: Expected credit loss (- ECL- ) model, i.e., probability threshold will be removed.
Reg impact: Compliance with new impairment guidance mandated by FASB and IASB (effective date Jan 1, 2018 for IFRS while for US GAAP effective date Jan 1, 2020) for accrual accounted financial instruments (e.g. loans held-to-maturity) and off-balance sheet instruments (e.g. financial guarantees and irrevocable loan dedications). If not compliant, KPMG will issue qualified audit opinions which will result in potential fines and loss of banking license.
- To work as a Business Analyst working closely with various partners in a special Bank across the world
- To gain experience on extensive interactions with Business and IT to ensure business requirements are understood and design approaches are agreed with consensus.
- To develop extensive analytical skills to support the business requirements and define design concepts
- To experience of assisting Project Managers and Project Leads to drive the project plan and related activities
- To develop ability to maintain requirement traceability matrices and follow up with IT on closure of any open points
- To prepare and maintain the Issue tracker and RAID logs associated with the project stream
- To gather of business requirements, documentation of the business requirements including putting forward recommendations for solutions, where required
- To develop ability to prepare test plans, test cases, coordinating with users and IT during the testing phase & execute specific test cases
- To prepare the documentation and steps for deployment, including user training where required
- To conduct business user trainings and project related activities for successful completion of the project
- You have experience Range - 6 to 12 years
- You have experience of working as a Lead Business Analyst. Experience of BAU Finance processes around balance sheet closure, analytics, disclosures and MIS a plus
- You can closely working with Senior partners for requirement elicitations
- Experience of working in change for Financial Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or Risk Reporting systems and processes preferred
- You have strong Multi GAAP knowledge
- You deep knowledge of business analysis in LMR, BMR, Accounting policies and
Disclosures and processes
- You can assist Project Managers and Project Leads to drive the project plan and related activities
- You can handle and support preparation of test plans, test cases, and coordination with users and IT during testing phase
- You have strong business analytical skills
- You can do full cycle project implementation experience and high ability to elicit and write business requirement documents (BRDs)
- Experience of working with onshore/offshore model
- Experience of working closely with IT and Support Teams
- You have strong presentation skills and strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- You have familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of a project lifecycle
- You have good knowledge of MS Office suite