Talent Acquisition at Credit Suisse
Views:1799 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Credit Suisse - AVP - Quality Assurance Review - GLAO & SOX - Operations Risk Control - CA (7-11 yrs)
The role involves performing Quality Assurance Reviews (same as audit) over Account Reconciliation Controls and SOX Key Controls globally for all 4 regions of Credit Suisse. It involves reviewing (i.e. auditing) a) the account reconciliations performed and b) documentation and testing of the SOX Key controls performed, against the standards laid by the firm. This provides assurance to the Account Reconciliation and SOX programs of the firm and is an integral part of them. These reviews are conducted primarily in the area of Financial Accounting, Tax, CRES etc.
- Independently perform Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) for Account Ownership (i.e. Account Reconciliations) and SOX on key Controls/processes.
- Organize and lead the meetings with the entity controllers to gain an understanding of key processes, discuss the QAR observations, obtaining agreement for QAR ratings and recommendations.
- Perform detailed review to ensure adequate compliance to company policy and guidelines (GLAO/Account Reconciliation Policy, SOX 404 guidance, QAR Guidance, Accounting policies & guidance etc.).
- Maintain adequate documentation to support the QAR rating and recommendations.
- Sampling of Accounts/Controls for QAR.
- Drive to conclude QAR's on time, meeting the targets set for month and the year.
- Continuous tracking of QARs performed to ensure smooth achievement of yearly targets.
- Prepare monthly KPIs (Regional and Global) to report the QAR results.
- Regular meeting with Regional and Global QAR team to share key issues and to follow consistent approach.
- Act as single-point-of-contact for EMEA regional QAR team for any query or information.
- Support Global QAR initiatives on regular basis.
- Understanding the legal entity architecture. This includes having an understanding of the upstream to FA, processes and associated SOX Control Improvement Plans (CIPs)
- Qualified CA with 7 + years of Post Qualification Experience
- US GAAP and IFRS GAAP
- Investment banking industry knowledge, including Investment Banking financial product experience
- Public accounting & audit experience desirable
- Financial Control background in the Investment Banking industry, desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a complex environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Excellent team player
- Problem solving skills
- Time management - organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines