Associate Consultant at CareerNet Consulting
Views:8350 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Credit Risk/Validation Role - BFS (5-10 yrs)
Job Description : Credit Risk :
- Analytics CoE provides support to various business groups and the job involves data analysis, model and strategy development and implementation, financial planning and understanding of impact of risk, reporting and data management. It forms the information basis for strategic planning by the senior management for businesses and enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and requirements along with addressing unforeseen challenges.
- There are primarily four job families in ACoE: Decision Sciences, Information Management, Analytic Consulting and MI Reporting. This role applies to the Analytic Consulting job family within the Analytics function supporting various marketing and risk management activities.
- The role is expected to design, develop, implement and understand the impact of the new loss provisioning function within GAC as part of IFRS 9 implementation.
- The role is to manage the development, monitoring and maintenance of IFRS 9 provisioning models for a specific range of products and portfolios. The job holder will contribute as a SME and also guide other members of the team to ensure that delivery is on time, to standards and provide optimal benefits for resources deployed whilst ensuring integrity of all data, information and analytical results for the range of projects under their control.
- The role needs to interface with senior stakeholders in UK and other countries (during peer review) as a SME in loss provisioning and other related financial modelling areas.
- IFRS 9 is one of the largest and most critical projects that have been kicked off in Risk Area as the loss provisioning standards are changing to a far more sophisticated and advanced methodology.
- IFRS 9 went live in Jan 2017 and loss provisioning models for all portfolios are being developed over next 12 to 18 months. The function will expose an individual to critical other areas like Basel, Stress Testing and Sherwood in addition to best in class IFRS 9 modelling methodology
Role Purpose :
- Conceptualize, design and implement best in class loss provisioning methodology based on IFRS 9 framework
- Completely understand different dimensions of loss provisioning model, its impact on the financial statements and has the ability to explain them to very senior stakeholders including that of provisioning leads in other countries. Action oriented and on time reporting & analysis to explain significant changes and proactively look to stay tuned to portfolio specific nuances
- Stay on top of changing regulatory needs, reporting standards and understand their impact on the day to day work
- Developing a suite of IFRS 9 loss provisioning models for a range of portfolios
- Ensure appropriate governance is followed and loss provisioning model developments within the remit fully comply with external regulation and internal governance
- Support the region and engage in global discussion in best practice
Actively help managing the teams workload ensuring that prioritization of activities is established with stakeholders
- Coaching and technical support for other members within the team on a need basis
In addition the role is expected to thoroughly understand Basel, Stress Testing and Sherwood concepts as the loss provisioning model will leverage inputs from these critical areas to model the output
- A qualified Chartered Accountant or Masters or Ph.D in economics, statistics, engineering or equivalent
- Prior Risk management experience, experience in Retail portfolios such as Mortgage, Cards, and Loans will be a plus.
- Prior experience of forecasting, and Understanding of IFRS 9 and other account standards of loss provisioning will be an added advantage
- Excellent Quantitative aptitude
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Strong track record of delivering on high value / critical projects
- Ability to deliver under pressure and defend P&L numbers with senior management