Head HR at Coverfox Insurance
Views:725 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Coverfox - Head - Legal Compliance - LLB/LLM (10-12 yrs)
Coverfox (www.coverfox.com) is India's first InsureTech insurance broking firm with a vision to provide a bouquet of choices to its customers to compare and contrast policies from its insurer partners. Operating in a high potential market of insurance - it being a $280 billion industry in India, of which only 3% of the total business is online; we are an ambitious team looking forward to grow and scale with the use of technology and connecting with the right strategic partners.
We are a vibrant team filled with enthusiasm and energy to innovate and solve the customer challenges. Tech-enabled and on our journey from start-up to scale-up, we are building for future growth, and looking for growth mindsets to come along!
We sincerely believe that insurance is an exciting place to be and grow in, far from being conventional or complacent. Join us as we grow from strength to strength in our turnaround story.
About the Role
The role is to lead the legal and compliance function with proficiency in commercial contracts, investor relations and agreements. It is an apt role for someone who seeks high growth & willing to dive head-on to get things done. We are well funded and slated to scale in the fintech space.
To fit the bill, you must be a Law Graduate; having worked on contract negotiations in B2B space; having worked on customer issues and labour laws. Having an understanding and inclination to work in the fast pace environment of a startup is a MUST.
Your key goals and responsibilities
- Managing and ensuring legal compliances for the Group entities with Commercial Issues, Business Operations, Litigation, Technical Functions, Investor & Board.
- Working out legal strategies to protect and ensure interest and compliance for the Group.
- Handling legal, compliance and regulatory affairs including inspections, audits, notices & litigation, IRDAI audits & documentation as applicable. Handling all corporate & regulatory compliances for the Group companies including filing with regulatory bodies and government / semi-government entities.
- Spearheading due diligence activities and initiate action to build strong, compliant processes for the organization, based on the recommendations.
- Responsible for grievance management & record keeping for IRDAI, IBAI & related bodies, being on top of regulatory requirements.
- Representing the Group for all legal cases (customer / employees / any other) and managing external legal agency as and where required.
- Responsible for projects / assignments pertaining to Contract Abstraction, Redlining, M&A reviews, Investor Decks, IRDAI, IBAI & related bodies.
- Ensuring accurate management of data and generating reports & summary as required. Maintaining legal records, registers, statutory documents, SOPs, internal guidelines etc.
- Legal drafting and vetting of contracts and commercial agreements, NDAs, MoUs for the business and at corporate level.
- Ensuring proper governance and collaborating across teams to ensure compliance in business operations and labour laws. Assessment of the implications of any IRDAI guidelines or government regulations on insurance broking.
Your key qualifications & competencies:
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Law.
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services / Startup ecosystem. Insurance experience preferred.
- Proficiency in working with high speed and detail orientation in commercial / legal contract and agreement pertaining to collaborations, acquisitions, new investors.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Complete understanding of labour laws, commercial laws and IRDAI regulations.