Corporate Manager - Legal/Litigation - Bank/NBFC (5-10 yrs)
Desired Experience 05 - 10 years of experience as a Legal Professional, out of which at least 4 years should be in Banks/NFBCs and Preferably having past experience as an Advocate practising before Court of law.
Desired Qualification Bachelor's degree in law from a recognized university (preferable from National Law School).
1. JOB SUMMARY
1. Proactively engage in reduction of NPA, lessening litigation and enhancing recovery.
2. Advise the department about changes in recovery laws in the Country or in any specific State.
3. Liaise with Courts, Commercial Courts, Arbitration Tribunals, DRTs, Legal Services Authorities, panel Advocates, empanelled Recovery Agents etc. and ensure their good relationship with the Bank.
4. Educate the personnel of the concerned stakeholders on the stage wise proceedings in Courts, Commercial Courts, Arbitration Tribunal, DRTs and Legal Services Authorities. Train them about dos and don- ts.
5. Device suitable strategy on case to case basis, for bringing the litigations (filed by the Bank as well as filed against the Bank) to a logical conclusion.
6. Prepare, maintain and periodically update MIS pertaining to litigation portfolio of the Bank.
7. Apprise the Board/Management about the progress in recovery through litigation and management of litigation portfolio of the Bank.
8. Coordinate for Risk Based Supervision of the Legal Department by Reserve Bank of India and rectification of observations made by Reserve Bank of India.
9. Maintain the list of litigations, monitor the progress effectively and advise the panel Advocates/stakeholders regarding further steps to be taken in each matter on the immediate next hearing dates.
10. Ensure prompt handling of cases by panel Advocates.
11. Ensure that cases filed by the Bank and cases filed against the Bank are not getting adjourned without sufficient cause.
12. Managing on-boarding of Advocates in the panel of Advocates of the Bank, monitor performance of the panel Advocates and advise the Head of Legal promptly the instances of non-adherence terms and conditions of empanelment by the Advocates.
13. Assist the Regional teams in lodging FIR/complaints before various authorities and give legal support in fraud related matters and instances of staff assault.
14. Monitoring, tracking and updating periodically at Corporate Office level and maintaining MIS and records related to Notices issued on the Bank by Statutory Authorities, Regulatory Authorities, Customers and Third Parties.
15. Vetting and reviewing the response/ reply (on need basis) prepared by Regional Legal Managers as regards the Notices issued on the Bank by Statutory Authorities, Regulatory Authorities, Customers and Third Parties.
16. Drafting Legal Notice/Recall Notice, Notice under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, Reply Notices/Rejoinders, Versions/Objections etc.
17. Monitoring all cases filed against the Bank and cases filed by the Bank, including cases filed under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act and criminal cases.
18. Obtaining copies of Judgments in a timely manner, after disposal of the case, and advise ensure filing Appeals/Revision/Review, wherever required. Also ensuring timely execution of all Decrees.
19. Support Vigilance department in resolving criminal cases filed by the Bank.
20. Invoking the provisions under SARFAESI Act, including taking possession (symbolic/physical) and sale of the secured assets.
21. Drafting/vetting/review of all kinds of credit documentation for MSE and Housing, including security documents and all transaction documents for various kinds of fund based and non-fund based as well as secured and unsecured facilities.
22. Vetting of Title Scrutiny Reports (TSR) submitted by panel Advocates to confirm that the TSR satisfies the business requirements of the Bank.
23. Managing legal issues pertaining to creation/registration of Mortgages, Hypothecation, Pledge etc.