Independent Legal Recruiter at Avimukta
Views:178 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Contracts Lawyer - Conglomerate Firm - LLB/LLM (6-8 yrs)
1. Contract Review :
- Drafting/review, negotiation and finalization of all commercial contracts including but not limited to JV agreements, technology transfer agreements, international agreements, M&A agreements, government tenders, contract with vendors, clients, employees for all the business units etc.
- Standardization/drafting of model contracts for each type of LOB/industry as appropriate.
2. Securities Laws :
- Reasonable knowledge of the securities laws including SEBI regulations applicable in securities trading, stock exchange regulations etc. to handle and assist in the matters related to the same.
3. Risk Mitigation :
- Highlight key commercial and legal risk to business and assist business in preparation of a risk mitigation plan.
- Provide support for creation of knowledge management system of past learning, model terms, onerous provisions to be avoided etc.;
4. General Advisory :
- Advise business on sale of goods/transfer of property/competition law/environment/ cyber/packaging/Ecommerce and general corporate law matters;
- Respond to various government notices and queries;
- Assist business teams at pre-dispute stage to amicably resolve the issues.
5. Merger & Acquisition :
- Responsible for due diligence (and consult with any external agencies as per the inputs/guidance from co-ordinator) of any proposed Merger & Acquisition transaction and to draft investment agreements/Joint Venture Agreements to govern such transactions.
- Draft/review, negotiation and finalization of contracts including to JV agreements, technology transfer agreements, international agreements, M&A agreements (Share Purchase, Business Transfer etc.)
6. Learning and Development :
- Promote legal awareness and conduct trainings;
- Update businesses on key regulatory changes that would affect commercial transactions;
- Provide training sessions/workshops to the divisions on the SOPs and on the negotiation of important legal provisions such as limitation of liability and indemnity clauses;
7. Personal Attributes & Competencies :
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of commercial contracts
- Understanding of tax / IPR laws would be desirable
- Working with People and ability to work as part of team
- Strong results orientation approach
- High Ethical Standards
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work without dependency on outside counsels