Contract Analyst - Contract Management - Law Firm/IT (3-7 yrs)
Title: Contract Analyst CM
Location: Bangalore, India
Qualifications (Education, Experience) :
- Consistent strong academic performance Academic qualifications - to Graduate / Post Graduate level in any subject, although Law, Commerce, Management or Finance would be preferred.
- For Associate grade: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working with contracts within a law firm, LPO or service provider in the IT or business process sector
- For Senior Associate grade 3 -7 years of relevant experience working with contracts within a law firm, LPO or service provider in the IT or business process sector
Key Responsibilities :
- Extract key contractual obligations from the contract document(s) into the Contract Lifecycle Management tool, and work with account teams to agree owners and track compliance.
- Help account teams understand the wider contents of their contract through preparation and delivery of awareness briefings (both written and verbal)
- Support account teams with reviews of Statements of Work and other contract documents, producing redlines, providing comments and/or facilitating introductions to relevant SMEs as appropriate.
- Support account teams with reviews of Change Requests/ Change Orders as previously described. Maintain Change Log. Periodically (as agreed with the relevant account team), produce Conformed Copy of contracts.
- Assist account teams with contractual interpretations, clarifying/ resolving queries in a timely manner.
This may include facilitating connections with other support teams/ SMEs and/or closer engagement on specific topics when the relevant contractual mechanisms are triggered, (e.g. termination assistance, step in etc).
- Help account teams identify scope creep or other contractual challenges they may face
- Support account teams in the preparation of formal contractual notices (e.g. Relief Notice)
- Provide ad hoc support as requested by account teams/ legal if disputes arise
- Manage the contract repository by ensuring the addition of new/ updated contractual documents during the lifecycle of the engagement
- Work with the business teams to establish and promote good contract management practices
- Escalate issues to CLRM management as appropriate
- Work to published timeliness and quality service levels
Skills required :
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to distill potentially complex issues into a clear explanation to someone with no prior knowledge
- Understanding of key contractual constructs and the major legal & commercial terms used in contracts
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage parallel tasks and track progress
- Technologically minded, with the ability to learn/ adopt new systems quickly. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) is essential; advanced skills would be preferred. Experience of electronic signature platforms would be helpful.