CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:414 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Consultant - Aerospace & Defense (15-20 yrs)
An affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce, is seeking a new hire who will have primary responsibility for its Aerospace and Defense (A&D) portfolios in India. This New Delhi-based position is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, accountable, public policy or government/public affairs professional looking to join a cohesive, collaborative and ambitious team at the premier trade association focused on advancing the US-India strategic partnership through greater bilateral trade and investment.
- Important attributes for any candidate include a deep understanding of the US-India strategic and defense dialogue and its interconnection with South Asian, Indo-Pacific, and global security concerns;
- A general familiarity with the two countries- trade and investment relations; and specific knowledge of the A&D sectors- key policy issues and American and Indian companies.
- The position will also require action in a variety of areas besides policy development, including oral and written advocacy with the Government of India; member services and relations; event and webinar management; thought leadership; and business development.
- Prior experience with these activities- and especially in developing close and trusted relationships with corporate executives- will help the new hire succeed in the position.
- Other behaviors and capacities that will enable the candidate to perform at a high-level include a positive attitude; eagerness to learn; strong writing skills; commitment to working as part of a team and across time zones; respect for colleagues and different cultures; and enthusiasm for thinking creatively to help members resolve their challenges and accomplish their objectives.
- As part of the India team, the new hire will report directly to Managing Director and Deputy
- Managing Director on day-to-day matters. However, s/he will be expected to coordinate very closely with A&D lead in the United States on all issues related to the portfolios, and, as appropriate, with senior leadership in Washington, DC.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.