Senior Sourcing Specialist at Talent Trackers HR
Views:68 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Construction Head - Commercial/IT Parks (15-20 yrs)
JOB SUMMARY :
The purpose of this position is to monitor construction projects for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
- Contractor and subcontractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
- Design Team coordination to Client's pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards.
- Constructability review of the project documents
- Value Engineering - proactively identify ways to perform work more efficiently, effectively, and for less money
- Project financial management including: Cash flow projections, pay application and change order review and approval.
- Assist clients in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling all Owner-direct vendors, equipment suppliers, consultants, including internal vendors (IT, security, etc.)
Construction & Project Administration :
- Manage General Contractor including compliance with construction contracts, contract budget, changes, payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within their construction contract.
- Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review, negotiations, recommendations, and delay analysis. Define project risk and track and share with clients in real time.
- Budget Management, tracking, schedule monitoring and analysis
- Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
- QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
- Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
- Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of project
- Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to completion and final reporting and document closeout. Know the 5 levels of Data Center Commissioning,- enforce compliance.
- Perform job walks (building and site) on a regular basis to and monitor safety, quality and progress payments on an as needed basis. In some cases this will be a daily activity. This may include walking up multiple flights of stairs and/or scaffolding.
Close out / Fit Up :
Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Support the DCC team in the collection and tracking receipt of all closeout documents until completion, including warranties, - as-builts-, O&M manuals, etc.
- Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.