Commercial Head - Artificial Leather Manufacturer (15-20 yrs)
We are currently retained by a leading manufacturer of artificial leather to find a Commercial Head to oversee their commercial procurement and supply chain management in India. It's a professionally run company, listed on NSE & BSE. The person will be responsible for end to end Procurement of Raw Material, Store & Spare, Inventory management, disposal of surplus material, waste and scrap and Supply Chain Management.
Role: Commercial Head
As a Commercial Head, you will be responsible for formulate, develop and ensure implementation of all systems and procedures pertaining to the commercial procurement. You will also be responsible for all legal and regulatory compliances. This is a senior role and will report to the leadership team.
The role includes -
- Manage Procurement of chemicals, engineering goods and machines from Domestic & International mkt with optimal cost.
- Ensure economical and timely risk coverage of men, machinery and material and timely recovery of insurance claims.
- To ensure availability of raw materials, stores & spares at optimum cost by appropriate inventory control.
- Setting up and maintaining systems for statutory compliance in commercial areas including excise, customs etc.
- Ensure Insurance & Risk Management of all Machines, Material and Man.
- Implementation of SAP & other IT initiatives.
To fit the bill -
- 15-20 years of relevant experience in chemical/solvent/plastic/PU/Paint industry
- You must have led commercial team for a manufacturing setup from the above
- You must have experience of procurement from global vendors and be adept at custom clearances
- Must have led or been part of IT implementation (SAP preferred)
- Willing to travel
If you are interested to discuss further then please send us your resume with a cover note along with your CTC and reason for change.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.