Colgate Palmolive - Area Manager - Customer Development - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (1-3 yrs)
A] POSITION DESCRIPTION :
POSITION TITLE : AREA MANAGER - CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT
FUNCTION : CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT
MANAGER : CD Manager - Regional Manager
MANAGER'S MANAGER : CD Team Leader - Branch Manager
LOCATION : Hubli / Jharkhand
Job Purpose :
- To manage execution of sales, distribution and promotions in a designated area through direct supervision of a team of CD officers with a view to achieving targeted numeric and weighted distribution and Sales Volumes and values targets.
- To coach, train, monitor and evaluate his/her team so as to enable them to achieve business objectives.
Job Context & Challenges :
Deliver sales and distribution target. Manage distribution and promotions for the respective area. Train and develop CD Officers and stockist salesman to improve sales effectiveness. Monitor Stockist - ROI, working and performance. Analyse market share. Analyse SKU wise sales volume. Improve coverage in rural market.
Key Accountabilities :
Revenue Targets : Deliver sales and distribution targets as per objectives
Stocks : Monitor Stockist ROI and implement initiatives to improve stockist profitability. Monitor stockist working and performance against set KPI. Set coverage
- Manage distribution and promotions of Colgate products in the Area and effectively implement trade promos and visibility budgets to achieve greater impact in the market.
- Track coverage of various Retail Environments/Account, analyse and rectify distribution/coverage gaps and prioritise accounts for effective visibility.
- Improve coverage and distribution across rural markets.
Analysis and claims :
- Analyse market share / distribution trends. Co-relate with sales performance by brand and productivity.
- Analyse SKU wise sales volume and map promotional effectiveness by comparing Pre and post promo volumes.
- Develop innovative solutions to identified & defined problems by collecting and analysing information/data.
- Ensure effective utilization of GTN norms, scrutinize claims and monitor order planning and thereby contribute to sales, coverage and market share objectives of the company.
IT Usage and system for working : Implement systems and to improve data availability, flow and transparency.
Reporting - Company and Competition :
- Analyse market share/distribution trends. Co-relate with sales performance by brand and productivity.
- Work as per company and branch laid down guide-lines.
- Train CD officer and Stockist salesmen to improve sales effectiveness. Train, motivate and evaluate CD officers through direct supervision.
- Motivate stockists through training, ROI improvement and regular communication.
Relationship Building : Build strong relationships with stockist and with the team. Focus on working on collaborative working with all external and Internal customers.
Instore Mgmt :
- Provide knowledge of point of Sale - Learn shopper behaviour pertaining to point of sale initiatives and provide inputs to Customer Marketing Team . Also, provide inputs for design & development of POP
- Develop and communicate 5P execution guidelines by RE
- Ensure deployment of the Instore deployment plan - Through market work & reviewing IMRB scores. Responsible for deciding the number and frequency of store coverage
- Merchandiser Management - Implement Development programs for Merchandisers and promoters. Develop incentives structure and monitor payout
Note : Colgate Palmolive is looking for someone from top B-schools only