Coca Cola - Manager - Factory HR (8-10 yrs)
Executive Director and Chief Human Resources Officer, Indrajeet Sengupta talks about what sets HCCB apart as an Employer of Choice and Diversity at the WorkPlace. Learn what it takes to work with best companies in India, hit the play Icon.
Executive Director & Chief Human Resources Officer
Manager - Factory HR
Job Description :
Objective : To support the Factory Operations by ensuring systematic implementation HR strategy and processes in the factory to leverage human resources for higher people productivity, build high quality Teams, focus on cost optimization and harmonious industrial relations
Title : Factory HR Manager
Function : Human Resource
Work Location : Patna Plant
Job Responsibilities :
Manpower Planning :
- To plan the manpower requirement at all levels/categories of the workforce basis the standard manning norms and ensure availability of required no. of manpower at all times to meet the factory operations requirement.
Manpower Budget & Costs :
- To prepare and monitor Factory HR budget involving manpower, welfare and administration costs.
- To continuously work on improving people productivity by promoting multi-skill concept and through building skill level of the associates.
- Design and implement the Variable incentive schemes as and when required to improve the Productivity.
- Head count optimization (Direct /Indirect employees)
Statutory Compliance :
- To ensure 100% compliance to all the Statutes applicable to Factory and also with all work norms and work practices agreed in Long Term Settlement.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Workplace Rights Policy (WRP) guidelines.
- Take ownership in ensuring the welfare facilities such as Canteen, Restroom, Toilets and other requirements are provided as per the Factories Act, 1948 and maintain well in line with the Company philosophy.
- Ensure to drive equality in applicability of these facilities among all categories of employees including Contract Labour.
Talent Management :
- Recruit Induct and Build the Talent particularly at workmen & Staff level in line with the requirements of Factory operations. Work on a Training calendar basis the Training needs of the Individuals and execute the same in a systematic way.
- Drive TPM Culture and SMART plant
Grievance Redressal & Discipline :
- To ensure that the grievances of the associates are redressed effectively on time by following the grievance redressal guidelines.
- To maintain discipline within the Factory premises at all levels in accordance with the Company Standing Orders or the relevant Statutory laws.
Employee Engagement :
- Conduct focus group discussion (FGD) and engagement surveys.
- To work out an yearly Employee Engagement plan linked to Factory Business Plan with the alignment of all stakeholders and execute the same effectively.
Industrial Relations :
- To build and maintain high level of Trust with Unions and ensure cordial harmonious industrial relations at the factory level.
- Drive monthly Union & Management meetings to promote business understanding and take the Union into confidence in driving business priorities.
- Proactively handling HR related issues and ensure the smooth work flow at plant.
Corporate Social Responsibility :
- To support CSR related initiatives in and around the Factory location in coordination with the PAC Team.
- HR routines, Processes & Systems To ensure that the Wages & other related payments are made on time.
- To ensure strict compliance to the HR Transformation, Payroll and Systems guidelines without any deviations.
Supervises : Executive and Team Leader - Factory HR
Direct Reports : Yes
Geographical Scope :
Reports To : Cluster HR Head
Key Customers :
Internal Customers : Factory Manager, Shipping Manager, Quality Manager, Maintenance Manager, Production Manager and Internal Union Leaders.
External Customers : Vendors, Gov Bodies, External Unions Leaders.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications : MBA, MSW and PGDM in HR.
Experience : 8-10 years of experience as Plant HR
Functional Skills :
- Min 5 years of managerial experience in factory
- Local candidate or someone who is fluent local language
- Worked in Factory having strong demonstrated IR experience(must).
- Should be able to handle other aspects of HR- Capability, culture, Compliance and HR Operations, productivity
Behavioral skills :
- Able to influence and inspire the team, employees and stake holders, with assertive and positive mindset.
- Strong in taking critical business decisions independently and implement them.
- Proactive in IR- Able to understand/sense the plant IR related ( Union issues, contract labor etc.) issues and prepare the plan of action in advance and resolve the issues.
- Understanding the business and able to analyze the factors that are impacting the business and plan for long term solutions
Travel : 10%