Recruiter at Prione Business Services Pvt Ltd
Views:29457 Applications:2593 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:176
Cloudtail - Senior Vendor Manager (6-9 yrs)
About the company: Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Management Services Private Limited and Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited. Cloudtail India Pvt Ltd. is one of the sellers on the www.amazon.in platform and operates in various product groups such as Consumer Electronics, Apparels, Media, and Home & Kitchen etc.
About the Role: As a Senior Vendor Manager, you will focus on delivering exceptional sales and margin growth for the sub-categories that you are responsible for as we rapidly expand and grow our selection, keeping the customers always at the center of all decisions you take. He or she will be responsible for signing the right mix of vendors, smart pricing, driving margin improvements and operating within strict goals around inventory turns and OTB management.
This person will have responsibility for:
- Building selection and terms negotiation: Will be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across sub-categories, brands and use cases, managing vendor partners, optimizing vendor terms and getting support for marketing campaigns.
- Drive efficiency - Inventory turns / OTB Management: Will be responsible for operating on industry benchmark inventory turns for the category and generating a positive/self-sustaining business by efficient OTB management
- Pricing: Responsible for pricing strategy for the category so that we can offer to the customers the best value, value being a combination of price and any convenience. Candidate will also be responsible for using pricing as a lever to ensure efficient cash flow management against the profitability goal.
- Business planning and communication to senior management: Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Joint Planning with Marketplace team: Work closely with the marketplace team to ensure sufficient visibility to our products and jointly participate in the marketing events conducted on the platform.
- Innovation: Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast growing business.
Basic Qualifications :
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- A track record of success in past roles
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 5 + years of relevant experience in sales manager / vendor manager/ category manager/account manager role desired
The position will be based in Bangalore.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree is preferred
- Experience in Consumer-facing sectors such as Retail, FMCG is preferred