Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:4044 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Cloudtail - Manager - Taxation (10-14 yrs)
Position Description: Tax Controller
LOCATION Bangalore, India
Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Management Services Private Limited and Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited. Cloudtail India Private Limited is one of the sellers on the www.amazon.in platform and operates in various product groups such as Consumer Electronics, Apparels, Media, Home & Kitchen etc.
Summary of Responsibilities
Cloudtail is looking for a Tax Controller to lead the PAN India indirect taxation compliance and tax governance activities. This is a leadership position and will involve management of a team of qualified and semi-qualified resources. This position will be primarily focused on working with internal stakeholders like accounting, operations, supply chain, technology and IT team in setting up tax compliant processes and guiding a team of executives and external consultants on compliances. The Tax Controller would also need to work closely with our tax consultants and advisors on co-ordination with various taxation departments.
- Leading a team of executives and external consultants on day to day compliance reportings
- Working closely with cross function teams and designing tax compliant processes
- Working with external parties like suppliers and logistic service providers on taxation matters
- Reviewing tax accounting, provisioning and interactions with internal and statutory auditors
- Publishing trackers and dashboards on key tax risks and exceptions
- Setting up of data warehouse and Information Management framework
- Designing framework for assessment readiness
- Assist the team on departmental audits, litigation and assessment proceedings
- 10+ years of managing accounting or taxation related processes for a large public accounting firm or for any corporate entity having operations in multiple states
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for these taxes under IN GAAP required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Fluency in Excel
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal