HR Officer at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Views:1770 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Senior Associate - Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (6-8 yrs)
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: https://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States' levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, Pneumonia, Diarrhoea, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Cancer, VBDs, Immunization & Tuberculosis. Through its Health Financing and Digital Health programs, it helps ensure access to and continuity of appropriate, quality care.
Talent is the fundamental driver of CHAI's success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. CHAI's organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high-calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. CHAI places a high premium on providing its staff with an enabling environment that encourages entrepreneurship, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues.
The Ayushman Bharat-Digital Mission (AB-DM) seeks to leverage digital technologies to make healthcare interventions affordable and accessible for Indian citizens. It aims to develop an interoperable IT platform to integrate all digital health solutions in India.
The current strong public digital infrastructure-including that related to Aadhaar, Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and wide reach of the Internet and mobile phones (JAM trinity) -provides a strong platform for establishing the building blocks of AB-DM. The existing ability to digitally identify people, doctors, and health facilities, facilitate electronic signatures, ensure non-repudiable contracts, make paperless payments, securely store digital records, and contact people provide opportunities to streamline healthcare information through digital management.
The vision of the Ayushman Bharat-Digital Mission (AB-DM) is to create a National Digital Health Ecosystem that supports universal health coverage in an efficient, accessible, inclusive, affordable, timely and safe manner, that provides a wide-range of data, information, and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems, and ensures the security, confidentiality, and privacy of health-related personal information.
The following building blocks of ABDM have been developed and are live and operational:
- Health Professionals Registry (starting with doctors)
- Health Facility Registry
- ABDM Personal Health Records App (and Consent Manager)
- ABDM EMR Web
- ABDM Sandbox
The creation of these building blocks was crucial to the creation of a National Digital Health Ecosystem. The focus is now on their roll-out across India, adoption by health seeking individuals and health providers alike, and the integration of these building blocks into existing public health platforms and Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), in order to dramatically enhance the utility of both existing systems and the AB-DM, thereby increasing the demand for, access to, and quality of health services in India.
CHAI supports the National Health Authority (NHA), an autonomous government institution that is tasked with the implementation of ABDM, to strengthen the roll-out and scale-up this transformative digital health initiative.
CHAI is looking for a Senior Associate, ABDM who can work closely with the leadership at the National Health Authority and steer CHAI's support towards implementation and management of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission. CHAI seeks a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to focus on developing program strategy, achieving operational excellence, expanding scope of engagement with NHA and shaping collaborations with participating states/UTs. The Senior Associate will drive programmatic support as per requirements and under the guidance of CHAI and NHA leadership. The ideal candidate must be able to function independently, be comfortable working with cross-functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
As ABDM scales-up, CHAI is committed to support NHA in the following areas -
- Integration of healthcare providers across the ecosystem with ABDM
CHAI will support NHA to onboard various healthcare providers (hospitals, labs, HMIS / LIMS providers etc.) onto the ABDM platform and empower them to utilize services offered by the program. CHAI will also support subsequent uptake of ABDM via such integrations.
- Business process strengthening across the ABDM ecosystem
CHAI will support NHA to assess performance of critical systems and business processes across the ABDM ecosystem, based on use cases and data from the ongoing pilot phase of the program, with the objective of identifying, recommending, and scoping out opportunities for improvement
- Driving adoption of ABDM in India's healthcare ecosystem
CHAI will support NHA to drive the interest and participation of key stakeholders (such as healthcare providers - both govt. and private as well as citizens) to improve the reach of the program and enable a wider range of India's population to be able to leverage its benefits.
- Developing program management tools, indicators, and analyses to support roll-out of ABDM
With a focus on enabling increased enrolment rates of health seekers and providers, diversity in health provider enrolment, and adoption of ABDM-compliant services, CHAI will support NHA to develop sustained organizational capacity for continued data use and analytics.
- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy towards ABDM Implementation, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact
- Contribute as a part of a cross-functional team at the NHA towards effective implementation and adoption of ABDM by establishing program-level / individual goals and creating professional growth opportunities for team members
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the central & state-level stakeholders towards effective implementation of ABDM and strategic initiatives
- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities
- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames
- Draw on CHAI's global and local expertise as well as that of local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by CHAI / NHA leadership
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in a public or private sector enterprise
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health, or allied areas
- Proven expertise in a demanding results-driven environment, in the public and/or private sector, with relevant program management experience
- Proven experience in in Management Consulting, Public Health, Data Analytics, Public Policy/Administration, or allied areas
- Ability to navigate complex government processes and influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Willingness to travel to states if required and for extended periods (~20% travel)
- Proven experience in mentoring and leading teams in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Hindi and additional Indian language is an advantage
- Strong experience of working with large scale e-governance / digital health interventions of central / state governments in India
- Significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive
- Exposure in health informatics, digital health, or health-tech areas
- Exposure towards technology product management