cKinetics - Engagement Manager - New Energy Infra Sector (6-10 yrs)
Engagement Manager- New Energy Infra
Position title: Engagement Manager
Reporting to: Senior Engagement Manager or Associate Director
Team Reporting: Senior Associates/Associates and Analysts
External Interactions: Company Clients, Corporate or Industry Officials, SMEs, Consultants, or Government officials
Work Type & Schedule: Full time; Permanent role; Monday - Friday
Work Location: Okhla, New Delhi; Field travel for client projects
cKinetics is looking for a seasoned Engagement Manager who is passionate about Sustainable Energy and Energy transition space and looking to lead projects to create meaningful cutting-edge work.
The candidate would be part of the New Energy Infra practice at cKinetics. The role entails solving business challenges for ventures and initiatives in the areas of Distributed Renewables, Electric Mobility, Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency etc.
Typical engagements pertain to developing insights, analysis, and providing strategic
research support in different realms of Sustainable Energy and Energy Transition.
Purpose of the position:
An Engagement Manager will be responsible for overall Project Accountability and also support the practice business development efforts. An Engagement Manager at cKinetics is expected to lead in the development of "insights" leading to value creation for the clients.
The candidate will be required to:
(i) develop insights into market trends, drivers and learning curves related to new technologies and market segments pertaining to Sustainable Energy domain; (ii) manage end-to-end Project delivery including overseeing different team members working on the concerned projects;
(iii) Guide the team members in undertaking primary and secondary research; as also formulate appropriate solution frameworks; and
(iv) support practice leadership in crafting necessary collateral such as White Papers and Intelligence Briefs as also business proposals.
- Revenue Management, Core solutioning as also delivery oversight responsibility for the assigned engagements
- Delivery oversight responsibility includes leading the team on requisite research /field work and formulating timely and cost-effective solutions
- Regular monitoring of the project progress on quality parameters & timelines as also providing oversight and inputs to different team members on assigned tasks
- Plan and undertake Onsite/ On-ground field or site visits as required for the different engagements
- Ensuring client delight through analytical, impactful, and world-class written and oral presentations backed with data insights and requisite analysis
- Building on relationships with potential and existing clients and be responsible for the business development in the assigned areas
Business Development Support:
- Provide business development support by undertaking active pursuits with existing and potential cKinetics clients - this shall entail developing proposals, concept notes, and other collateral as needed for presenting cKinetics capabilities
- Developing imaginative solutions in the Sustainability Energy domain - create innovative offerings and aim to generate new intellectual property
- Participating in internal initiatives relating to thought leadership, client service, or team development.
Team Management & Development:
- Nurturing and building a high caliber team by unlocking their potential through work opportunities and people development tools and plan to upskill them
- Managing and mentoring the Senior Associates, Associates, and Analysts to align them with the company and client expectations.
- The ideal candidate must have hands-on business consulting and /or financial analysis expertise as related to the emerging verticals in the Sustainable Energy realm including new energy and battery technologies, distributed renewables, electric mobility, hydrogen etc. In addition, She /he must have the following mindset and skills sets:
- Flexible and creative mindset; curious and creative individual able to understand quickly the complexities of the client organization's products and markets
- Prior experience in managing projects in similar domain
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work 'hands-on' and multi-task in an energetic environment
- Ability to present and discuss the research and findings to a high-level audience and industry experts
Academic qualifications & Experience:
- Masters in disciplines such as Energy Management, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or a related field in Sustainability
- Must have relevant 6-8 years of experience in Consulting or Market Research related to Renewable Energy, Carbon Markets, Energy Efficiency, Electric Mobility and Cleantech
- Experience in power policy and regulatory frameworks, power trading markets (Open Access, RECs etc.) as also advising corporates on their power sourcing strategy a plus
Interested candidates must send in their resumes with a cover letter highlighting why they are the right fit for this role.
Applications to be sent at email@example.com with Job Title mentioned in the subject line.