cKinetics - Associate - New Energy Infra (2-4 yrs)
- cKinetics is looking for energetic Associates who are passionate about Sustainable Energy and Energy transition space and looking to be a part of the team that does meaningful cutting-edge work.
- The candidate would be part of the New Energy Infra practice at cKinetics. The New Energy Infra practice provides strategic research and operational advisory in the areas of Distributed Renewables, Electric
- Mobility, Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency, etc. Typical engagements pertain to techno-commercial analysis, landscape mapping, and market sizing of evolving technologies and sectors, as also formulating recommendations on fitment, 'go-to-market', and policy enhancements needed to support the clean energy transition in the concerned sectors.
Purpose of the position:
- An Associate must focus on the assessment and evaluation of the research elements and process them into the required Outputs for the requisite client deliverables. The work deliverables include creative presentations/narratives backed by requisite market analysis, techno-commercial assessments, and data insights.
- The candidate will be required to :
(i) develop an understanding of different drivers and constraints in the New Energy Infra workspace
(ii) undertake primary and secondary research and frame appropriate takeaways in the aligned structures and formats
(iii) work diligently and maintain internal delivery timelines
(iv) learn and hone skillsets that are essential to delivering tasks with the requisite quality.
Key responsibilities :
Sector and Industry Research:
- Undertaking primary and secondary research independently as well as mining data for the research and advisory projects in the areas of Distributed Renewables, Electric Mobility, Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency, Industrial Decarbonization, Cooling Interventions, Sustainable Energy and Energy Transition or other assigned project(s).
- Identify the areas for Primary and secondary research and collate relevant information from reliable data sources; and identify patterns, and trends in the data to draw inferences and conclusion
- Undertake field / site visits for assessing and gathering requisite data Project delivery
- Developing impactful written and oral presentations - Prepare reports and techno-commercial models with various data insights, trends, patterns, etc. after requisite analysis derived from the structured/unstructured data collated through the research phase
- Support Senior Associates and EMs in devising a cohesive solution for assigned client engagements
- Delivery support to enable engagements to be completed in a timely and cost-effective manner and with requisite client delight
- The ideal candidate must have the desire to work hands-on in market research and /or business advisory as related to emerging areas in the Sustainable Energy realm including new energy and battery technologies, distributed renewables, electric mobility, hydrogen etc., and must have the following mindset and skills sets:
- Flexible and creative mindset; curious and creative individual able to understand quickly the complexities of the client organization's products and markets
- Ability to work 'hands-on' and multi-task in an energetic environment
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent presentation skills - ability to present and discuss the research and findings to a high-level audience and industry experts
- Knowledge of financial modelling and project finance would be plus
- Developed spread-sheet-based models as a part of your work; working knowledge of R a plus
Academic qualifications & Experience:
- MBA with an undergrad in Engineering; MBAs with under-gad in Economics maybe considered provided a strong disposition to Sustainability topics is demonstrated
- Must have relevant 2-3 years of experience in Research, Business Advisory or related to Renewable Energy, Carbon Markets, Energy Efficiency, Electric Mobility, and Cleantech
- Experience in power policy and regulatory frameworks, power trading markets (Open Access, RECs, etc.) as also advising corporates on their power sourcing strategy a plus
Interested candidates must apply with their updated resumes with a cover letter highlighting why they are the right fit for this role.
For more details refer to our company website: https://www.ckinetics.com/