CityMall - Assistant Manager - Taxation (1-6 yrs)
CityMall is a community commerce platform focused on 300 million new to internet users living in 400 small cities, towns, and villages in India. CityMall primarily focused on Grocery, Fresh and Packaged FMCG categories. Smaller towns and cities are untouched by traditional online e-grocers with large players like Grofers & BigBasket present in top 8 metropolitan cities in India. Key bottlenecks are lack of trust, lack of familiarity to browse and purchase online, low average order values (which makes economic viability a challenge for the platforms), lack of credit in online channels (which neighbourhood stores offer).
CityMall is a highly efficient channel to serve these consumers through "Community Leaders". They are the "Social" & "Geographical" connectors between end consumers and CityMall. They help us in acquiring customers, doing sales & marketing to retain wallet share as well as doing the last mile logistics in their communities making the community led model more suitable for small towns, cities, and villages Founded by IIT Delhi and IIT Roorkee alumni with 8+ years of entrepreneurial experience, CityMall aims to create several thousands of such micro-entrepreneurs and empower them to create the go-to ecommerce platform for Bharat. CityMall is backed by top tier VCs like General Catalyst, Elevation, Accel and Waterbridge.
You will enjoy being part of CityMall if you:
- Are Hungry enough to get your hands dirty and hustle through
- Have the First-principles approach towards any problem
- Are Humble to accept mistakes and work collaboratively to find answers
- Love being part of 0 to 1 journey in a start-up
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Managing direct and indirect tax compliances such as, TDS, GST and obtaining lower TDS certificates, etc. for the Indian entity
2. Managing TDS compliances of domestic entities which includes fund forecast, TDS workings and coordinating with accounts payable and treasury team for timely compliance.
3. Support GST monthly compliance functions with gathering and analyzing large data sets and other audit support documentation.
4. Perform reconciliations between ERPs and other financial records, ad-hoc tax technical research
5. Provide timely support related to external customers' tax disputes
6. Supervising the filing of 15CA-CB by analyzing the transactions from international tax perspective, reviewing forms, filing 15CA and maintaining a tracker.
7. Working with other teams in Finance to close tax audit, statutory audit, tax assessments and appeals for the entity.
8. Analyzing inter-company invoices to make sure that the same are in accordance with group's transfer pricing policies and inter-company agreements
9. Review of books from tax perspective and preparation of TDS provisioning, deferred tax, etc.
10.Preparing responses w.r.t. Direct & Indirect tax assessments, litigations, compliances, etc.
11.Leading critical tax projects (including business restructurings), managing critical tax issues along with other related regulations wherever needed
12.Keeping track of updates in tax laws and defining the systems/procedures to meet the requirements
13.Conducting training and awareness sessions for business teams for ensuring tax compliance
14.Assisting business/finance teams with their tax queries relating to day to day business operations such as TDS rates, GST rates, GST Hold, documents to be maintained, review of business agreements from tax perspective, etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.