Recruitment Specialist at HCR Consulting
Views:4938 Applications:429 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
City Sales Manager - FMCG/Retail/eCommerce (3-9 yrs)
Sales City Manager
Experience: 3+ yrs
Current CTC: 16 LPA to 20 LPA
Current Industry background: FMCG, FMCD, Retail, eComm, Online
Are you customer obsessed, relentlessly focused on achieving high standards, street-smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, an experienced and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
Our Client- company, which works with SMBs to enable their growth on digital economy. It provides multiple products and services to retailers to scale their business online.
As a Sales City Manager with our Client, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for SMB business for Client in India.
- You will lead a local team of sales and service representatives engaging retailers at all points of their life cycle.
- You and your team will have to identify and recruit retailers that deliver competitive pricing and broad product selection on the platform, train sellers on Client- systems helping them integrate with our product platform, provide support to lift seller capabilities and analyze seller performance metrics to help them become successful on the Client- online platform.
- Since the organization is in its early stage, the role provides a unique opportunity to develop the foundational processes and workflow machinery of the sales force which will serve as the basis to grow the organization.
- The ideal candidate will have leadership experience preferably in managing sales organizations, ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision, problem solving skills and capability to influence multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- The candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technology systems and be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions.
- Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand products and services offered by Client- Services and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Hire, train and manage a team of sales and service representatives in designated area or city.
- Implement standard operating processes to scale the working of the organization.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various Client- services using local knowledge.
- Identify valuable sellers and selection for Client services.
- Lead the team to acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships.
- Interface with internal teams to identify seller integration needs and deploy resources to lift these seller capabilities to work on Client- systems.
- Analyze data to help sellers become successful on Client- online platform.
This position is based out of Delhi, India and will require travel to retailer locations within the city.
Prior Experience and skills:
- More than 3+ years of experience in sales and leadership roles of large teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience working with SME retailers is an advantage.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Experience in defining new processes is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English and local language is important along with awareness of local retail landscape.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability solve on the spot.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, perseverance and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
If interested Please drop in your CV with CTC breakup details.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.