Lead - Talent Aquisition at Randstad India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1853 Applications:423 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:385
City Sales Head - SMB - Online/Internet (6-13 yrs)
We are looking for a hands-on, detail oriented and highly motivated individual to lead the city sales team responsible for driving acquisition of small businesses on Clients SMB platform.
The incumbent will be tasked to acquire thousands of SMBs in India through a feet on the street team and sell them Clients suite of solutions for SMBs. Your responsibilities will include building a sales team from scratch and increasing business adoption and market penetration for your city. Working in a dynamic sales environment you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and recruiting SMBs and professionals on the Client platform.
You will be tasked to lead the direct sales team providing them with the vision and execution for the annual goals of the city. The candidate should be well versed in driving sales strategies and analyze the team performance on the sales metrics, inputs and outputs. As a coach and mentor, you will be expected to grow your team into a high caliber sales organization.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment with an ability to deal with ambiguity. Candidate should possess both a business development and account management background that enables him or her to drive engagement with respective stakeholders. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against the market coverage plan. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate. You will report into the Regional Sales Manager and be based out of Bangalore, this role will require travel.
Role And Responsibilities
- Set up the City Sales team
- Impact market segment share by acquiring and onboarding new SMB customers across all verticals.
- Develop strategies to sharpen our focus in targeting businesses in focus SMB industry verticals
- Maintain and exceed targets in areas of # of clients and GMV.
- Drive sales funnel to augment customer acquisitions and represent Client in industry forums to drive awareness.
- Coach & direct team and build a group of high bar performers.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key industry stakeholders / associations
- Capture and share ground level market feedback on portfolio specific offerings and feature set based on a systematic need-gap analysis for customers in focus customer segments
- Represent the metrics of the city sales team at weekly/monthly/quarterly review meetings with leadership
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams (marketing, delivery operations, etc.) to drive delightful customer experiences.
- MBA from a Tier I/II B-school
- 8-12 years of experience in B2B/SaaS Sales. Experience in working with SMBs is essential.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing sales team directly
- Track record of meeting and exceeding business established goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Work experience in B2B product sales or in e-commerce, especially in the SMB segment in India.
- Experience ideally in a start-up environment, building and scaling feet on the street team.
- Previous responsibility for strategic business development, revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable.
- Full professional proficiency of regional language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced target focused environment.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desirable.
- Experience with data analytics & BI tools
- Entrepreneurial and business owner mindset (startup experience a big plus)
- Comfortable and ability to lead and perform well in a matrix organization
- Solid understanding of B2B space including but not limiting to channel mgmt, high touch sales, different channel verticals, pre-sales and after sales,
- Passion and energy to drive hyper growth in a new yet rapidly growing business segment
- Proven ability to use customer-centric, data-driven insights to drive decisions that lead to superior customer experience.