Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:16297 Applications:2768 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:261
City Lead/Associate Manager - Sales - e-Commerce (2-8 yrs)
As a City Lead with client, you will lead a local team of sales representatives engaging retailers at all points of their life cycle. You and your team will have to identify and recruit retailers that deliver competitive pricing and broad product selection on the platform, train sellers on online systems helping them integrate with our product platform, provide support to lift seller capabilities and
analyze seller performance metrics to help them become successful on the online platform. You will also be responsible for the professional development and growth of your team. You will be reporting to the Regional Manager of North Division. You will drive innovation and continuous improvement in the process and quality to serve customers better by interacting with multiple stakeholders in different functions. This role is critical to our strategy in India and is a great opportunity to be part of a new entrepreneurial team solving challenging problems in the e- commerce space.
To be successful in this role you will have ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision, deliver results, under time constraints and have good English language skills. Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Understand products and services offered by us and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Hire, train and manage a team of sales representatives in designated area or city.
Job Description :
- Implement standard operating processes to scale the working of the organization.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various online services using local knowledge.
- Identify valuable sellers and selection for online services
- Acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships.
- Own and manage integration of portfolio of sellers and help them become self-reliant through basic training.
- Track and monitor performance and sales of key partners to manage their performance.
- Lead the team to acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships
- Interface with internal teams to identify seller integration needs and deploy resources to lift these seller capabilities to work on online systems.
- Analyze data to help sellers become successful online
Job Specifications :
Education : Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- More than 2-5 years of experience in sales leadership roles
- More than 3 years of experience in sales roles
- More than 3 years of people management experience in leading large teams
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction is essential.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers- . Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly is essential
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment is essential
- Experience working with SME retailers is desirable
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media in upselling products and services
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Experience in defining new processes is desirable.
- Fluency in English and local language is important along with awareness of local retail landscape.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability solve on the spot.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, perseverance and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets.
- Experience in defining new processes.