City General Manager - IIT/IIM/ISB/IIT/NIT/BITS - eCommerce (7-14 yrs)
We are looking forward to hiring for a key ecommerce client; for the role of City General Manager, to head the PnL for New Delhi zone.
About the organisation : -
One of the leading and most admired global ecommerce companies in the world; strategically based in the Silicon valley, however spreading very fast across the world. With presence in more than 500 cities, our client is perhaps one of the most favoured ecommerce employers to work for! Should you be excited to work for such a wonderful brand, please feel free to apply with us. We will be happy to speak to you in detail about the company and the role in detail!
The City General Manager is a challenging as well as a unique opportunity for self starters; it requires a unique mix of talent, guts and leadership skills. As the leader in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major international cities.
The core of business for our client, is in the city team, led by a General Manager. It's a big deal and the qualities and capabilities required of a GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional!
Key Skills required for the role : -
- Highly analytical and solution driven individual who knows how to solve issues at the local levels.
- Excellent team leader, who leads by example
- Passion for building and managing partnerships that drive value.
- Proven ability to work in an autonomous, dependable and self-starting manner.
- Ability to engage, share and work as a team with colleagues from both BD as well as other departments.
- Strong attention to detail and drive for excellence is essential.
- Proven problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities.
- A strong marketeer with excellent inter personal skills, focusing on reaching out to new users and customers via unique and out of the box thought processes.
What You- ll Do : -
Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. our vendors and partners)
Represent the organisation at local events and with local PR
Manage local regulatory concerns and local policy influencing individuals/ agencies
Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
Continue to grow REVENUES and RIDERSHIP!!!
Ideal work experience & education background : -
- 7+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience (from companies like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, HUL, P&G etc.)
- MBA from Tier 1 MBA colleges like IIM/ ISB/ XLRI and engineering from Tier 1 engineering colleges like IIT/ NIT/ BITS etc.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a go getter attitude!
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Some additional perks (beyond your salary & benefits) : -
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We- re not just another social web app, we- re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Compensation : -
Best in the industry and not a constraint for the right candidate!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.