Citi Bank - Senior Vice President (10-20 yrs)
Job Description :
The IND Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- To meet Revenue, Balance-sheet growth and New Client Acquisition count target through new account acquisitions in West region spanning across Maharashtra and Gujarat states.
- Leading the Corridor Strategy for CSG(MNC vertical) India on various overseas Citi markets such as US, EMEA, APAC countries, in sync with Business Goals and working closely with the CSG heads.
- Engaging multiple internal stake holders viz Product Partners, Compliance, AML, Ops, BP&A to close mandates and to strengthen Sales effort.
- Developing the competence level of each BD in functional and sales skills, to build greater effectiveness in acquisition effort and work in partnership with Product partners and specialists.
- Build market network to supplement prospecting efforts, by engaging with Intermediaries, CFOs, Trade councils.
- Ensuring a culture of prudent AML, Credit and compliance risk management in the team. Foster strong network with Parent Account Managers across CCB countries on lead referrals, mandate closures and knowledge sharing.
- Training, motivating and uksilling team members. Helping them to navigate through various steps and hurdles in closure for complex transactions.
- Drive innovation on the solutions we provide clients through partnerships with product specialists and subject matter
- Execution of strategic initiatives launched centrally at all levels (Group, Bank, commercial market and EIB)
- Oversee the New client onboarding, associated credit approval , coordinating and supervising the entire process, ensuring the proper application of policies and institutional processes.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all times
- This people leadership role is responsible for leading a team of Business Developers (BDs). Responsible for calling on prospects/new clients to deepen relationships and proactively owning, responding to and anticipating future needs, roadblocks or risks, , in addition to identifying and pursuing new clients aligned with CITI COMMERCIAL BANK (CCB)'s value proposition.
- Attracting, retaining and motivating a team, along with responsibility for managing a budget and meeting team sales goals.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking; commercial credit knowledge and an ability to quickly learn new products and services
- Possesses sound judgment and is creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
- Significant experience with commercial credit decision making authority, with experience in complex capital structures and cross border transactions
- Minimum intermediate level credit skills with the capability to demonstrate advanced level credit skills to be appointed a senior credit officer
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading teams through complex change; a reputation for retaining, attracting and developing talent
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrate innovative approaches
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights
- Bachelor's/University degree, Masters degree preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.