Talent Acquisition Specialist at Cialfo
Views:482 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Cialfo - Product Director (10-15 yrs)
Cialfo is a leading platform connecting students, higher education institutions and counselors through technology driven solutions. Launched in 2017 with a mission to make education accessible to 100 million students, Cialfo provides a range of mobile and web solutions to students, K-12 institutions and higher education institutions. We're one of the fastest-growing edtech startups in the region, consistently charting new heights!
Bridge the collaboration between distinct teams by bringing your holistic view and leadership to the table. You are instrumental in bringing our mission to life by being a tactical problem-solver, establishing ambitious pipelines to construct dynamic products and strategizing against competing forces.
- The Director of Product Development oversees and ensures that the functions of the Product Manager, Product Owner and Product Interns are efficiently and effectively executed.
- The role of Director of Product Development is also one of a cross-functional nature and as such, the Director is expected to liaise with other Product Line Directors, like Directors of the engineering, marketing, sales, and design departments. You would be translating the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals. Collaboration leads to clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process.
- The Director is answerable not only directly to the Chief Product Officer but to the stakeholders of the business. The Director is tasked with keeping the stakeholders up to date on product process and progress.
- As the leader of the product department, it is the Director's responsibility to build an understanding and cultivate in the departments' members the product's vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- The Director of Product Development, alongside other Product Directors, is also responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product's roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. At this capacity, the Director of Product Development also incorporates the existing development backlog and makes priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs.
- The Director of Product Management also works intimately with the marketing department to develop marketing strategies, lead generation strategies, and sales strategies. The Director also partners up with the sales department to build on product unit sales implementation as well as support strategies.
- The Director of Product Development is also tasked with conducting relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses that supplement and compliments analyses already conducted by junior product managers. The Director of Product Development in this capacity is responsible conducting consumer and market research that further aids the business in understanding current and future product needs.
- The Director of Product Development is tasked with representing the business and promoting the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms, and so forth.
- 10+ years' experience in Product Management.
- Startup experience or mentality a plus. Ability to jump in where needed and expand the role.
- Solid communication skills with interpersonal skills that give you the ability to successfully drive your team and collaborate across teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to distill complex business problems, solutionise and turn them into measurable, actionable and optimizable outcomes.
- Familiar with Product changes and improvements, and Regulatory Documentation (GDPR).
- Experience growing a team and coaching them reach their best potential.
- Data is your source of magic to drive teams and product success.