Director at Vanguard Human Resources
Views:679 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Chief Technology Officer - Technological Development (15-18 yrs)
Job Purpose - The purpose of this role is to manage the technical aspects of an organization and ensure that they're in line with the Company's growth targets.This role is responsible for managing the end-to-end Technology functions with the help of technical team and ensure they're geared towards technological development of the Company.
- Jointly working with Top Management to chalk-out technology strategy for the Organization to meet its vision and goals.
- Spearhead IT Projects to increase our market reach and improve our USP.
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Ensuring technological resources- meet the Company's short- and long-term needs.
- Nurturing the right partnerships and building an eco-system for the Organization that enables greater visibility in the market.
- Understanding the role of technology in fulfilling the Organization's vision; closely working with stakeholders in building the sales and business development function that fully leverages the company's existing technology andplan the project rollouts in the future.
- Helping in identifying &innovating new technology initiatives in line with the company's growth strategies and getting better penetration into the target markets.
- Providing constant feedback to business, Product Management, and Digital Groups to drive future roadmap.
- Provide regular reporting to the leadership team/Board on progress against the Project plans, bottlenecks, and support required.
- Keep the business relevant and ahead of the market by constantly interpreting technology trends and providing feedback to the leadership team.
- Constantly fine-tune the tech offerings based on the team & client's feedback.
- Lead the technology infrastructure strategy and execution for the organization and keep identifying the opportunities for automation, cost savings and service quality improvement.
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enable innovation, and seek to leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the organization's requirements and expectations.
- Development of organizational standards, technology architecture and the IT operations governance process.
- Ensure reduction in IT cost on a YOY basis by optimal vendor selection, product selection and continuous monitoring of costs.
- Develop, maintain, and execute divisional operating budgets in support of the corporate infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 + years of relevant experience including management of complex tech projects , big teams & multiple functions.
- Possess extensive knowledge of Technology (development &infra) and an ability to coach others on them.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions &recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strength in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Technical Knowledge - Hands-on technical depth which enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting
- Database Management - Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including storage area network and redundant, highly available server and network architectures.
- Data Centre Switching - Must be able to use a combination of switching, virtualized routing, and various application load - balancing and must have knowledge of high-availability techniques.
- Communication Skills: Both written and verbal form are imperative for this role along with strong listening skills. It is recommended the role holder is interactive and constantly deals with software/product development teams for issue resolutions.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Must demonstrate passion for research and analysis and possess exceptional troubleshooting skills. Must have experience in testing tools and deep understanding of quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Result Oriented: the role holder must be result - oriented, must be procedural and meticulous, and be a team player. The role holder must have ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight time line.
Attributes / Core Behaviours
- Entrepreneurial & Ethical
- Clearly communicate job expectations and set measurable goals and objectives for an individual team member. Treat all team members with respect and fairness. Improve employee retention throughpeoplemanagement.Optimizeperformancethroughregular1
- Optimize performance through regular 1-2-1reviews.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.