Practice Leader - Financial Services at ABC Consultants
Views:2116 Applications:260 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Chief Product Officer - IIM/FMS/ISB/MDI/XLRI (9-18 yrs)
The responsibilities of the CPO include product vision, product strategy, product design, product development, and product marketing.
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Chief Product Officer
1. Leadership/Supervisory Role:
- Lead the entire product management team and UX designers team
- Handle day-to-day management of the product portfolio including critical issue resolution
- Manage entire product lifecycle from planning the strategic bets to writing specs for the features/ functionalities & working across engineering, credit, risk and strategy team to deliver the product releases
2. Vision and Strategy:
- Formulate the Product Management departments vision and impart that vision in every sub-department and employee in the department.
- Spearhead the products strategy formation as well as execution.
3. Marketing and Evangelism:
- Act as the lead evangelist for the business's product leveraging the input of Product Marketing and Communications departments to assist him
4. Research and Analysis:
- Responsible for the performance of various product analyses such as gap analysis to establish product differentiation and execution
- Conduct researches and analyses that lead to informed decision making on issues such as cost, utility, and timelines for product implementations.
- Should stay updated on the Market happenings and Regulatory changes and should be quick to incorporate the feedback from Market Intelligence and regulators into the product
Required Qualifications of the Chief Product Officer
1. Education: Post-graduation in business management from Tier 1 Institutes
- A CPO must have vast experience in a high-ranking Product Management position, preferably as a Head of product Management in a complex business setting.
- A suitable candidate will also have diverse experience in the fields of product marketing, management, and communications.
- The CPO will also have experience resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges in product management positions that affect a products financial and market success.
3. Analytical skills:
- Will need to be able define and analyse numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product.
- A suitable candidate will have an ability to think strategically and will possess a good eye for opportunities.
- Should have excellent attention to detail and good business judgment