Chief Operating Officer - Regional TV Channel - Media (10-12 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
- Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India.
- They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
- The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
- As a COO- Regional TV Channel, you will be mainly responsible for TV channel sales, ad sales, revenue generation and work towards maximizing sales and meeting targets.
What you will do :
- Managing the business interface with creative partners.
- Working with some of the most accomplished Production Houses in the country and managing the business interface with these creative partners.
- Managing the process of legal and commercial contract closures for development and production deals by liaising between the various teams internally and externally.
- Ensuring timely business decisions for securing the on time and in full launch of the channel with various DTH providers across the geography..
- You will work to ensure the decision making process at both ends is swift and professional while always securing the best interests of both parties
- Stepping in to provide solutions where needed, while staying within the specified guardrails of our business contracts.
- Researching and monitoring industry, customer and competitor trends, providing input to strategic plans to close competitive gaps and drive market segment growth.
- Planning, developing and executing project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Analysing vendor performance and customer behaviour to identify and understand risks and opportunities and their root-causes, and proposing solutions to address them.
- Creating excellent relationship with key decision makers (clients & agencies) to ensure the company becomes a part of every campaign
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the industry and of the biddable media marketplace.
- Identifying new leads, meeting and presenting them with your sales proposal.
- Ensuring excellent client servicing to earn more business from the existing clients.
- Working with the marketing team hand in hand to convert sales leads into clients
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status through market analysis.
- Preparing sales reports weekly sales report, sales projection report, monthly sales plan, etc.
- Planning and working on geographical scalability.
What you need to have :
- MBA preferred
- 10-12 years experience with a background (4+ years) in business operations, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing with 2+ years negotiation experience
- 5-10 years of experience of Media / Advertising Sales in either of TV, Radio, OOH/ Digital OOH or Print mediums.
- Having experience of General management and TV channel distribution with Cable operators, MSOs and DTHs platforms along with sales side
- Must have experience in handling Government/ Retail/ Corporate clients and agencies.
- Proficiency in Excel and in written English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing within teams and cross-functionally.
- Ability to handle workload to meet the sales target.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Strong understanding of the media planning process, media business strategy, advertising business development and ad sales.
- Willing to travel to different geographical locations as needed by the role
- For TV network
- Handling DTH, cable operators
- TV / Media house - Video platforms (Like NDTV Video platforms)
- TV Channel selling