Director at Vanguard Human Resources
Views:956 Applications:275 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
Chief Operating Officer - Operational Strategies (10-12 yrs)
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Chief of Staff provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The incumbent must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and rapidly expanding. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The incumbent will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The incumbent will work across current and future locations globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement operational strategies that align with our company's vision and goals.
- Oversee the company's day-to-day operations, including accounting, compliance, and client management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and partners.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in the regulatory environment.
Lead and manage a team of accounting and compliance professionals, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls and risk management processes to ensure the integrity of our services and data.
- Monitor and analyse key performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and manage the company's budget and financial performance, in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director and other members of the executive team to develop and execute the company's strategic plan.
Experience / Skills / Core Competencies: Profile:
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management role, with a proven track record of success in driving operational excellence and managing complex organizations.
- Experience in the accounting and compliance industry preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a deep understanding of financial statements, budgeting, and financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams. - Strategic thinker with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- High degree of integrity and ethical standards, with a commitment to compliance and risk management.
- Personal commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions.
- Resilient; remains calm and deliberate under conditions of stress.
- Effective communication skills
- Team player
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Ability to analyse complex issues and draw correct conclusions
- Ability to make systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information
Outcomes - 3 months
1. Client onboarding process: The COO could be responsible for improving the client onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition for new clients. A measurable outcome could be a decrease in the time it takes to onboard new clients, or an increase in client satisfaction scores related to the onboarding process.
2. Operational efficiency: The COO could be responsible for identifying areas of inefficiency within the company and implementing solutions to streamline processes. A measurable outcome could be a reduction in the time it takes to complete certain tasks, or an increase in the number of clients that can be served within a specific time frame.
3. Employee training and development:
The COO could be responsible for developing and implementing training programs for employees to improve their skills and knowledge. A measurable outcome could be an increase in the number of employees who complete training courses, or an increase in employee satisfaction scores related to training and development opportunities.
4. Compliance monitoring:
The COO could be responsible for ensuring that the company is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. A measurable outcome could be an increase in the number of compliance checks that are performed, or a decrease in the number of compliance violations.
5. Financial performance: The COO could be responsible for monitoring and managing the company's financial performance. A measurable outcome could be an increase in revenue or a decrease in expenses, or a successful completion of financial targets for the quarter.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.