Chief of Staff - Founder/CEO Office (3-5 yrs)
About SaaS Labs :
SaaS Labs, founded in 2016, is a fast-growing company in the software as a service - SaaS- space focusing on cloud contact centre space. The cloud contact centre space is a fast-growing market with an addressable opportunity of $24B globally and is expected to witness explosive growth in the next few years. The company was founded by Gaurav Sharma, who is a third-time entrepreneur, having successfully sold both his previous companies (in 2012 and 2016). With a current employee strength of 70, SaaS Labs expects to double it by the end of 2021. Bootstrapped since inception, the firm recently closed a large venture capital round from two large global funds (to be announced in Feb/March 2021). The firm has two core products for now - justcall.io (https://justcall.io/) and helpwise.io (https://helpwise.io/) and the vision is to build a portfolio of contact centre offerings.
JustCall is a cloud phone system with built-in automation workflows around voice and SMS. It is used by sales and support teams around the world to sell more and make customers happier. It seamlessly integrates with 70+ popular business tools (HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho, Slack, etc.) and automates post-call operations like call logging, notes, disposition codes, etc. JustCall works with thousands of businesses around the world across multiple industries.
Helpwise is a shared team inbox for customer communication channels (email, SMS, WhatsApp, social and live chat). It allows the support reps to manage all customer queries from a single place, share the workload, chat among themselves within the platform to ensure that customer gets the right answer in minimum possible time - every single time. Helpwise integrates with other business tools to help get the right context before replying to any customer query.
About the Role :
- Chief of Staff will be a force multiplier to Founder/CEO and will work with him on everything ranging from strategy and planning to special projects and executive coordination.
- The role will have the ability to directly impact and improve decisions and processes. The role, by default, comes embedded with a lot of fast tracked growth and is stepping stone towards the aspiration of a leadership role. After 2-3 years in the role, the individual can expect to lead a business function.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Support Founder/CEO in decision making frameworks creation around business strategies and growth plans and align the organisation to the company goals/objectives
- Review, design and improve current processes and coordinate organisational procedures for optimised efficiency and productivity
- Build and develop relationships with employees for increased efficiency and responsiveness into existing operations, and use that knowledge to define new operational strategies
- Work with Founder/CEO on special projects around people, process, process, GTM, etc.
- Support board meeting, MIS and fund raise preparations and mange the investor relations
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Keep abreast of industry changes, geopolitical developments, market/competition intelligence, and customer preferences to evaluate the impact on SaaS labs
Experience Required :
- 3-5 years of experience in a strategy consulting role in a top-tier management consulting firm and/or experience in strategy/CEO office roles in tech start-ups
- Entrepreneurial mindset with sharp business acumen
- Bold thinker, applying outside-in thought leadership to reimagine ways of performing work
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extract insights from data
- Pragmatic problem solver and not afraid to challenge the status quo and influence change
- Great communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate across cultural and experience levels, internal & externally