Senior Principal Consultant at Sokkai Services
Views:3266 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:82
Chief Manager - Legal - Retail Banking - LLB (7-17 yrs)
Leading Bank in India is looking for Chief Manager Legal .
Location Hyderabad Or Bangalore.
Experience in domestic retail banking in mandatory.
Open to candidates from banking or insurance setup.LLB mandatory.
- Advising client groups on documentation, security creation and enforcement.
- Formulating strategy along with client groups for timely measures to contain NPAs, adopting early resolution and monitoring measures
- Push completion of security creation and timely execution of transaction documents.
- Ensuring adherence by the team to agreed timelines for advice/ solution
- Perception of quality of control, facilitation and effectiveness of advice.
- Depending upon the proposal,guiding the team on advising/ devising legally effective/ cost efficient structures/ documents including advising Business Groups on proposals at the initial stages prior to formulating the term sheet.
- Guide on negotiations with counsel/external attorneys for better fee structures and ensuring that the external attorneys effectively and efficiently deliver for the organisation;
- Maintaining data base of opinions which can be relied upon for common issues rather than obtaining an opinion from external counsel on each repetitive issue separately.
- Promoting a reduction of dependence on external Counsel and confining engagement of Counsel only for complicated transactions
- Reduce administrative costs + have control and monitoring measures in place to ensure adherence to the budgeted cost;
- Ensuring effective handling of transaction documents. Effective resolution of queries made by the business teams on amendments to laws and regulations. Appointment of counsels with proper instructions wherever required.
- Improvement in efficiency and quality of advice as also uniformity of opinion by synchornizing intra and inter-departmental efforts.
- Undertaking joint projects/efforts utilizing resources with domain expertise to drive identification and execution of process/policy change.
- Conducting Training sessions for team and client groups;
- Encourage the teams in preparing ready reckoners/manuals as a guide for new talent. Ensuring rigor of legal control exercised, while facilitating business objectives without compromising compliance requirements;
- Improvements in process/ efficiency of the team without impacting quality of service or the required development of reportees.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.