Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:1112 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Chief Logistics Officer - Steel Industry (20-30 yrs)
Should be well versed with the shipping, railway and road Transport of heavy cargo.
Long term visibility of business and not just seasonal and yearly target
Achieve financial targets set by the management.
- Should have thorough knowledge of costing and evaluation of bids
- The candidate must be able to add new initiatives into the logistic Management by introducing best practices through continuous benchmarking.
- Deliver responsive and reliable transport solutions, while keeping the cost lower.
- Develop new freight forwarders, negotiate rate contracts with preferred forwarding agents to minimize costs.
- Define investments required in terms of manpower or infrastructure to achieve the desired results are required to establish core competencies and transferring them to competitive advantages.
- Facilitating the establishment of commercial connections between customers and company.
- Managing the flow of resources and goods throughout the organization
- Collaborating with different divisions within the business to enhance logistics and customs clearances.
- Articulate any change or improvements in the mode of operations of the Division.
- Supervising the logistics teams job.
- Good Experience in Primary and secondary Logistic
- Daily Planning of Shift operational dispatch from Plant.
- Follow up with State and local team member daily review performance of vendor & proper & timely distribution to dealers.
- Ensure the material availability of every depot as per their allocation against their forecasting...
- Monitoring the depot wise primary & secondary despatch.
- Establishing & maintaining relationships with the Vendors.
- Coordinate with Sales team timely despatch to the respective depots and direct orders execution to avoid sale loss.
- Coordinating with the vendor, sales team & dealers resolve the issues in related to the secondary operation.
- Reporting the daily activities & secondary operation activity to Ho authority.
- Negotiating with Vendor Price, delivery schedule, and payment terms.
- Full fill the emergency demand of sales team through Supply to direct.t Co. SPOs
- Follow up with sales team for liquidation of Ageing stock.
- Monitoring secondary cost though Monthly depot wise MIS report of State SCM team member.
- Collaborated with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems such as Customer sales, Order management, Accounting. Analyzed the financial impact of proposed logistics changes such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes, product mix as per monthly sales plan and yearly budgets for specific markets
- Drove (inbound & outbound) logistics operations, fleet management, and negotiation with freight forwarders for timely delivery of the materials required
- Ensured First in First out (FIFO), Truck- Turn-around-Time(TAT), Shift wise truck spread, Trade-Non trade, Rail-Road, Bag/Bulk- Product mix % dispatch- for minimizing service time and to avoid material losses.
- Generated MIS reports (in SAP & Oracle-based ERP applications) for review and decision-making by the management
- Formulating of Standard Operating Procedures, Contracts, Practices as per Industrial Standards
- Warehousing & Distribution: Receiving, Handling, Distribution, Products, Storage of all freight and supplies, In/Out of Warehouses, OutboundFreight, Transportation, and Logistics. Ensured all goods are shipped/ transported to customer/ end users promptly and communicated all levels on delays or variances in freight to the appropriate parties. Maintained and Monitored strict control over inventory levels to ensure all-time availability of items for the operational requirement. Planned Warehouse layout and space requirements for all storage. . The FIFO method strictly adheres in war house during the outbound activity.
- Inventory Management: Stock level Updating& Monitoring, the inventory will be at the warehouse against the sales forecasting, Budgetary control against expenditure, Stores keeping, Storage, Warehousing Operations, supply chain andLogistics. Ensured documents are maintained as per company policy and procedures. Manage the store's team. Organized and planned store room stocks inventory and storekeeping too to maintain the stock level by the budget for the whole financial year.
- Vendor Management: Monitoring the Vendor activities & proper service as per agreement with the company.
- With proper validation & interaction recommendation sent to Ho for vendor and 3PL appointment for a secondary operation. Ensure the Vendor timely submission of commission, expenses & freight bills & payment will be made from Ho accordingly to their agreement.
- Forecasting& Material Management: Proper month-wise data help the sales team during the monthly forecasting for better accuracy. In the mid of the month, the demand for certain SKUs arises in the market to full the demand coordinate with Ho & plant the despatch made accordingly. In some cases to full fil,l the sudden demand of certain SKUs full fills the demand through inter-depot stock movement within the region.
- MBA with 15+ years experience