Independent Legal Recruiter at Avimukta
Views:371 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Chief Legal & Risk Officer - Thermal Power Firm - CA/CS/LLB/LLM (15-25 yrs)
A conglomerate in the Thermal Power Sector is looking to hire a Chief Legal & Rish officer for their Chennai office. This role is a key strategic role and will be interacting and parallelly functioning with the other members of the Leadership Team. This role reports to the Board and will have the following deliverables.
- Litigation management - tracking and managing the groups matters across various tribunals and courts across India / abroad [Ranging from environment to tax litigation]
- Commercial arbitration,
- Contract management - both review and subsequent adherence
- Property law management - document repository and relevant legal approval coordination
- Standardizing all legal documents and templates for doing business
- Legal MIS
- Representations on all proposed regulatory developments in the industry with a strategic eye of possible impact on the business
- Litigation [Both pro-active and reactive]
3. Risk Management:
- ERM - identification and mitigation
- Risk management and reporting
- Risk assessment of future growth initiatives
4. Compliance Control:
- Compliance - Ensure all compliances incl factory, company law, F&A, listing requirements [ Central Repository - actual compliance to be followed up with user departments] [Having a compliance template for applicable laws financial and non-financial and ensuring identified resources report compliance status on a regular basis]
- Checks on reported compliance to ensure reporting is accurate
5. Legal, regulatory, compliance and risk for group companies including
- Tax - Direct and Indirect
Litigation, Commercial Arbitration, Legal Compliance, Liaison, Corporate Litigation, Legal Management, Electricity Act 2003 and the regulatory developments around it.
- A Master's Degree in Law or LLB is a must
- A CA or CS qualification is a must
- More than 15 years of experience in large Corporates/ Law firms handling Litigation Management
- Have Power Sector / Infrastructure Industry exposure
Duties and responsibilities
- Guide and mentor the legal team members.
- Ensure efficient handling of complex litigation and keep track of progress till disposal, engaging appropriate counsel, planning and executing litigation strategy across all forums from regulatory tribunals to Supreme Court
- Drafting, reviewing, advising, and negotiating mutually agreeable terms and conditions for commercial contracts with customers, intermediaries, suppliers, and other third parties.
- Identifying risks and issues, and suggesting alternatives that leads to the best solution for the organization.
- Participating in conducting a risk assessment for all kind of contracts and making recommendations to minimize company risk in contractual relationships.
- Serves as a key adviser to the senior management on issues of regulatory framework and policy, Company governance, risk management, internal and external communications relating to sensitive matters, strategic planning and execution,
- Building a legal team which can deliver timely MIS, maintain records for all ongoing and past matters, do appropriate legal research for proposed and ongoing matters, efficiently brief arguing counsel.
- Pro-actively ensure Statutory & Legal compliances, strategic liaisoning and successfully resolve all ongoing legal cases.
- Coordinates and supervises Legal Department engaged to represent the Company with respect to the resolution of potential claims against the Company.
- Coordinates and supervises all outside legal counsels engaged to represent the Company with respect to asserted claims or legal proceedings.
- Update the management on evolving judicial trends and legislative proposals, policy changes, amendments in laws and important judgments passed by various Courts / Forums that could impact the company's business and appraise the impact thereof.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large