Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:2433 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Chief - Legal - BFSI (9-12 yrs)
Key Purpose of the Job (Position Summary)
This position is responsible for :
- Ensuring appropriate, timely & effective legal actions against all defaulters
- Set legal related processes in department and company
- Legal advisory on litigation and non-litigation recovery/non recovery issues
- Drafting of legal documents
- All India litigation management
- Liaisoning with external counsels for deciding legal strategies for critical matters
- Industrial property loan legal compliances including Title Search of properties, valuation of properties, required documentation compliance etc.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Drive legal activity as per requirements of the Organization
- Ensure effective legal actions against all the defaulters
- Provide legal opinion for taking possession/attachment of properties through legal means
- Ensure timely legal actions are filed and effective results are achieved
- Timely feedback to management about all legal cases status
Industrial property loan business legal management:
- Provide observations on title & search reports, valuation reports of properties to be mortgaged
- Provide / vetting appropriate opinions / view / drafts / agreements / MOU etc related to property mortgage cases for mitigation of risks
- Suggest the suitable business calls in property mortgage cases
- Drafting and vetting of various agreements, loan documents, policies and processes, and documents as may be requested by various departments
- Policy formation for the department and the organization on recovery front
Legal recovery management:
- Initiate appropriate recovery legal actions in all default cases in co-ordination with recovery team including actions u/s 138 of NI Act, Arbitration & Conciliation Act (including sec. 9), Winding up petitions, Recovery suits etc.
- Liaison with pan India panel advocates, branch recovery team for day to day monitoring of the legal cases for effective timely actions
- Provide all required legal support to the recovery team during repossession of assets, resale of repossessed assets by providing various required draft / letters / agreements/ MOU etc.
- Liaison with police authorities, local advocates, recovery team for repossession, service / execution of summons / warrants / awards etc.
- Visit to all high value defaulters with recovery team on need basis to understand the defaulter, put appropriate legal pressure, understand the case particular technicalities and formulate the appropriate practical recovery / legal strategy in line with strengths & weaknesses for effective recovery results.
Technical Competencies Required:
- Specialized Knowledge of legal recovery and litigation management
- Hard Core Legal Experience and knowledge
- Legal drafting skills
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Team Building
- Analytical thinking
- Result oriented
- Concern for quality
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.