Principal Consultant at Aniaaz Consulting Private Limited
Views:1623 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Chief Information Officer - BFSI (12-18 yrs)
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of a BFSI Group as member of the senior management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve Group's goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an organization-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT in the organization.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Assemble the knowledge resources and create a clear-cut strategy for preventing and responding to data breaches.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Abreast with current trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage and to improve operations, consistency, and budgetary success.
- Design a wide area connectivity network infrastructure with an emphasis on filling remote access needs.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses for every change in our IT infra. Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- 10-20 years- experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Experience working in the IT industry.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.