Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:2129 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Chief General Manager - Group Procurement Cell - Newspaper/Publishing Industry (18-27 yrs)
We are looking for a Chief General Manager- Group Procurement Cell for our client based at Bhopal.
CTC : Standard Industry Hike
Industry : Newspaper / Publishing
Department : F&A
Nature of the Role : Team Management
Exp : 18+ yrs technocrat exposed to techo-commercial domain with experience in similar industry Or from Telecom/FMCG Background
Education : Graduate, preferably Masters in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline.
Working Conditions : Regular, 6 days working (Odd Saturdays of Month are off)
Procurement: Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company's operational requirements. This also includes supplier selection, tendering and cost estimating.
Overall responsibility and accountability for the Non-Newsprint Purchasing function; which will include people and budgetary management also.
Overall Purpose of the Role -
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy / activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
- To ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business and deliver cost savings.
- To deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Lead and manage a team of Buyers to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met.
- Work alongside the senior management in contributing to overall business objectives.
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing of Non-Newsprint activities across the business.
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement) General and Task Management
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Provide leadership to departments under control. Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Review the use of technological systems that support a more environmentally friendly approach.
- Inspire and motivate the team
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in Strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Knowledge and technical understanding of supply chain management.
- Computer literate, especially Excel skills
If the above role excites you, Kindly share your updated Photo Word (Docx) resume with the below mentioned details -
Current Residence Location
Hometown / Native
Open to relocate to Bhopal, if yes, pls share reason
Family Set up ( Spouse, Children)
Any connect to MP ( ed, previous Jobs, Hometown etc)
Education Qualification - Institute - Year
Is your Graduation Regular
Exp in Procurement Role at a Pan India Level (yrs)
Industries Worked in - pls specify
ERP Platform (SAP etc) currently using & used in past
Please specify briefly some products procured
Current Desgn (Yrs):
Current CTC (Fixed + PLI or Bonus):
DOB & Age:
Official Notice Period:
Gaps in Career/education If any:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.